Check your account email address ×

That's a wrap

We picked up all our lake stakes on Sunday, still 20 inches of ice but the snow is going fast so no one will be riding in and out of town anymore. Still hoping for a couple more off trail rides hopefully, we'll see. :bc:

• Like 1

Is snowmobiling on its way out?

With the change in weather/snow patterns, will people give up on it?

Will they not have a $15,000.00 machine sitting in their garage...............HOPING FOR SNOW??????

23 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Will they not have a $15,000.00 machine sitting in their garage...............HOPING FOR SNOW??????

which is why I never buy new every few years, bought my '15 new and will run it till it dies,

Edited by 01mxz800

6 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

which is why I buy new every few years, bought my '15 new and will run it till it dies,

So, you're sayin' you're sick of HOPING FOR SNOW????

1 minute ago, Polaris 550 said:

So, you're sayin' you're sick of HOPING FOR SNOW????

always rode older sleds, the '15 was the first new sled I ever bought in 45 years of riding

After two good winters, this one was tough for us.  I chased snow every weekend pretty much all over Minnesota and Wisconsin from the time there was enough to ride.  Only got 2100 miles on.  We should be riding Grand Portage this weekend but even they are done.  Oh well, another season in the books.  Glad I don't have $15k in new iron sitting around waiting for snow.

Just picked up my atv from the dealer for some warranty work.  Trails open May 1 in a lot of areas.

My new jet ski should be in any day now.  Probably pick that up in April some time after the trailer shows up too.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

After two good winters, this one was tough for us.  I chased snow every weekend pretty much all over Minnesota and Wisconsin from the time there was enough to ride.  Only got 2100 miles on.  We should be riding Grand Portage this weekend but even they are done.  Oh well, another season in the books.  Glad I don't have $15k in new iron sitting around waiting for snow.

Just picked up my atv from the dealer for some warranty work.  Trails open May 1 in a lot of areas.

My new jet ski should be in any day now.  Probably pick that up in April some time after the trailer shows up too.

Rode the RZR to Finland for St. Urhos Day, have never rode a sled to the parade. Some day...

1 hour ago, teamgreen02 said:

we had the best base we have had in years and the last warm up killed it, I gave up chasing snow, I got a snowplowing business and stay close to home, all my sled shit is paid for and if we have snow I will ride locally on our system not costing me anything if we have a low snow season, it is what it is. Our county has express interest in multi-purpose trails including atvs/utvs so hopefully we can get some year round powersport activities here

1 minute ago, 01mxz800 said:

we had the best base we have had in years and the last warm up killed it, I gave up chasing snow, I got a snowplowing business and stay close to home, all my sled shit is paid for and if we have snow I will ride locally on our system not costing me anything if we have a low snow season, it is what it is. Our county has express interest in multi-purpose trails including atvs/utvs so hopefully we can get some year round powersport activities here

Multiuse trails are the way to go.  Just make them wide enough for all the side by sides.

If I didn't haul my sled I probably would have only got a few hundred miles on at home.  I have seen entire seasons where I didn't see a single sled go down our trail.

2 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

They are selling the fuck out of sleds . There have been no holdover sleds for a few yrs now .  dealers were selling them before they got in this season .

13 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Multiuse trails are the way to go.  Just make them wide enough for all the side by sides.

If I didn't haul my sled I probably would have only got a few hundred miles on at home.  I have seen entire seasons where I didn't see a single sled go down our trail.

I have been riding for 45 years I have seen better winters and worse, a lot of my friends got out or moved south so I ride when I can, we are consulting the county and will get involved with development with the multi-use system but have made it clear it has to include SxS's or were out, we got enough to deal with with the sled trails so if they want help has to include all

Edited by 01mxz800

8 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

must be a short trail by the number of signs there LOL

I have a few stash spots in the woods  through out my section . And I have as many permanent tree/electric post/ street sign /  screwed/ bolted in  markers as poss 

Edited by Ez ryder

10 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

I have been riding for 45 years I have seen better winters and worse, a lot of my friends got out or moved south so I ride when I can, we are consulting the county and will get involved with development with the multi-use system but have made it clear it has to include SxS's or were out, we got enough to deal with with the sled trails so if they want help has to include all

I forget the area you're in?  Farm country?  I wish you luck, if these asshats can't keep a sled on a marked trail, at least when the snow melts you can't tell where they went, but with wheelers it's gonna be a problem.  Maybe your local crowd is different than ours are down here.  We have too much city influence and mentality if we did have a trail system they'd fuck it up within 1 month.

Thanks again for all your volunteer work of course!:good:

2 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

My bud was up running around the service roads around the tressel all day yesterday.  

6 minutes ago, hayward said:

I forget the area you're in?  Farm country?  I wish you luck, if these asshats can't keep a sled on a marked trail, at least when the snow melts you can't tell where they went, but with wheelers it's gonna be a problem.  Maybe your local crowd is different than ours are down here.  We have too much city influence and mentality if we did have a trail system they'd fuck it up within 1 month.

Thanks again for all your volunteer work of course!:good:

the multi-use are going to be on county owned land and right of ways, our snowmobile are on state owned and private land. multi-use will have their own trail they just want us to consult for now

35 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

the multi-use are going to be on county owned land and right of ways, our snowmobile are on state owned and private land. multi-use will have their own trail they just want us to consult for now

Ahhh gothcha.  That might work out.

But someone will still do their best to fuck it up and wonder why. :lol:

39 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

The atv are already going off there designated shared use trails in MN. Tge fact MNUSA did not fight this tooth and nail pisses me off to no end . Even more so seeing as the history I have arguing with them and there going out of there paying our lobby guy to get state law specifically written to  make dame sure no snowbike could ever use a sled trail .

Off topic a bit but I am fucking done with MNUSA . I refused to pay them this yr and never will again . Old completely out to lunch fucks . I know of a few guys who refuse to give them money just pay there local club dues 

Edited by Ez ryder