Check your account email address ×

Local news finally catching on to the national spin. Gas Prices

2 hours ago, racer254 said:

Come on.  You know that cancelling that caused speculation and raised prices.   Don't let them convince you of anything different.

45 minutes ago, racer254 said:

spin bought oil on the speculation.  Didn't you spin?  Actions speak louder than words. 

12 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Fuck yeah. What moron wouldn’t? 

That is what I called OWNED.

22 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

You do know that gas prices were up under Trump compared to 2015 and 2016 until the pandemic hit and we had negative oil prices.

What were they?  Steady around 2.60?  And right before an election with an out going dem?  Say it isn't so?

Edited by racer254

2 minutes ago, racer254 said:

What were they?  Steady around 2.60?

Google it yourself, but they were less.   

Who forced SA to cut oil production that they were selling to us at a discount?

Just now, 1jkw said:

Google it yourself, but they were less.   

Who forced SA to cut oil production that they were selling to us at a discount?

Gas was down to almost a dollar in my area last summer.  Do you see that on this chart?

image.thumb.png.1551800bb72a0e60e1f145e477ba656a.png

2 hours ago, racer254 said:

Come on.  You know that cancelling that caused speculation and raised prices.   Don't let them convince you of anything different.

wrong dummy

3 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Gas was down to almost a dollar in my area last summer.  Do you see that on this chart?

image.thumb.png.1551800bb72a0e60e1f145e477ba656a.png

Yes during a pandemic, with record low number of people flying and a record number working from home . And that is after Trump forced SA to cut production and oil was in negative territory. Look what the price was in Dec. and Jan. 2019

5 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Yes during a pandemic, with record low number of people flying and a record number working from home . And that is after Trump forced SA to cut production and oil was in negative territory. Look what the price was in Dec. and Jan. 2019

I don't see where in the summer of 2020 this chart has it less than 1.93.  Where does it show that prices got even close to a dollar?  I bought 50 gallons of non ethanol for 1.34 last summer.  Now where does it show that?  

Edited by racer254

•  

Gas prices fall to under $1 in 13 states as demand drops during pandemic

Monday, April 20, 2020

Multiple states are seeing gas for under $1, with one state seeing gas prices at 89 cents!

Customers in at least a dozen states are seeing gas prices for under a $1 as the demand has dropped during this COVID-19 pandemic.

Prices are at their lowest level in over a decade, with the average price across the country sitting at $1.82 a gallon. The average is a dollar less than this time last year.

According to gasbuddy.com, the following states are seeing gas for under $1: Arkansas, Colorado, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Virginia and Wisconsin.

A check of prices in Wisconsin shows some customers are paying 89 cents. In March, a gas station in Kentucky lowered its gas to 99 cents per gallon.

Just now, racer254 said:

I don't see where in the summer of 2020 this chart has it less than 1.93.  Where does it show that prices got even close to a dollar?

I never said anything about gas being a dollar, but the price of crude was in negative territory because of the pandemic, you can't compare prices during the height of the pandemic with low consumption and the cuts that were made to keep the oil market alive to a normal market.   

So lets just say this prior to the pandemic gas prices were higher under Trump than they were in 2014 and 2015.

1 minute ago, racer254 said:
  •  

Gas prices fall to under $1 in 13 states as demand drops during pandemic

Monday, April 20, 2020

Multiple states are seeing gas for under $1, with one state seeing gas prices at 89 cents!

Customers in at least a dozen states are seeing gas prices for under a $1 as the demand has dropped during this COVID-19 pandemic.

Prices are at their lowest level in over a decade, with the average price across the country sitting at $1.82 a gallon. The average is a dollar less than this time last year.

According to gasbuddy.com, the following states are seeing gas for under $1: Arkansas, Colorado, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Virginia and Wisconsin.

A check of prices in Wisconsin shows some customers are paying 89 cents. In March, a gas station in Kentucky lowered its gas to 99 cents per gallon.

My point, read the headline, it was the pandemic not Trumps polices that brought the cost down.

3 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

I never said anything about gas being a dollar, but the price of crude was in negative territory because of the pandemic, you can't compare prices during the height of the pandemic with low consumption and the cuts that were made to keep the oil market alive to a normal market.   

So lets just say this prior to the pandemic gas prices were higher under Trump than they were in 2014 and 2015.

Gas prices never hit 3 dollars under trump if you look at the chart I posted

Edited by racer254

40 minutes ago, racer254 said:

But they were higher than they were in 2015 and 2016 prior to the pandemic.  

Trump forcing SA to cut oil production, especially when they were selling it at a discount to us, has far more to do with the current price than a cancelled pipeline that never flowed an ounce of oil.  Production was down because of lack of demand, now we have demand again plus 12 refineries were down.

46 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Nor did they in 2015 or 2016 and they were lower then than anytime  during Trumps term before the pandemic hit. 

18 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Yes but he doesn't even get it.

FFS, I was posting the chart for your sake.  Do you see where the highest years on that chart are?   Do all you trump haters have a fucked up view of what "owned" means.

Edited by racer254

12 minutes ago, racer254 said:

FFS, I was posting the chart for your sake.  Do you see where the highest years on that chart are?   Do all you trump haters have a fucked up view of what "owned" means.

Simple question. Were prices higher or lower than 2015 2016 in all Trump years before the pandemic?

17 hours ago, 1jkw said:

Simple question. Were prices higher or lower than 2015 2016 in all Trump years before the pandemic?

You can see the chart just like I can. 

Edited by racer254

• 2 months later...