Check your account email address ×

Gas prices, thank you biden supporters

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

Where you going with power out everywhere

Uhmm, maybe to work to help get the power restored, maybe to check in on your parents or other family members, just for a drive to kill the boredom. Lots of places become more easily accessible with something gas powered compared to an EV. To think otherwise is foolishness.  

1 minute ago, irv said:

Sounds rosy and all but I'll take a full tank of gas over a fully charge EV any day, especially if it might take days or longer to fully restore power to places. 

This is day 3 so far in Texas and there is currently 2.8 million without power. 

ERCOT officials say they have no idea when Texas’ power outages will end.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/weather/2021/02/16/ercot-says-they-have-no-idea-when-texas-power-outages-will-end/

When California had their rolling blackouts Musk brought in mega chargers to power the supercharger stations. Seeing that he now lives in Austin, he’s got got several being delivered throughout areas affected in texas. The nice thing about Tesla’s is that drivers will get real-time info on the EV stations that are open and within range. 

35 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

What about the nuke plants shut down because the water inlet cooling ducts are froze? Or the NG electric plants shut down because the generators won’t function without damage in cold weather. Had the wind turbines been outfitted with heaters, they’d be opperational. 

What about you ignoring the fact this whole global warming b.s. is exactly that,,,,,,,,,,, b.s. and despite your love with Biden and the Democrats, no matter how much money you throw it, it will do absolutely nothing to help control it. :news:

1 minute ago, irv said:

What about you ignoring the fact this whole global warming b.s. is exactly that,,,,,,,,,,, b.s. and despite your love with Biden and the Democrats, no matter how much money you throw it, it will do absolutely nothing to help control it. :news:

Only a fool thinks that nothing can be done about climate change. And yes, there are many of those to go around. 

1 minute ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

When California had their rolling blackouts Musk brought in mega chargers to power the supercharger stations. Seeing that he now lives in Austin, he’s got got several being delivered throughout areas affected in texas. The nice thing about Tesla’s is that drivers will get real-time info on the EV stations that are open and within range. 

Gee, that sounds real cheap and efficient. What happens when these so called super chargers run out of power, does he just bring in more and more from other states that aren't under a power outage?  

Just now, ActionfigureJoe said:

Only a fool thinks that nothing can be done about climate change. And yes, there are many of those to go around. 

OK, AOC. 

climin2.jpg

• Thanks 1

• Gold Member
12 minutes ago, irv said:

Uhmm, maybe to work to help get the power restored, maybe to check in on your parents or other family members, just for a drive to kill the boredom. Lots of places become more easily accessible with something gas powered compared to an EV. To think otherwise is foolishness.  

I will probably have a generator running for my own if the lights are out. Probably plug what ever I need in including an EV if it needs a charge

19 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Where you going with power out everywhere

Irv, as usual, is misinformed. There’s two smaller counties in Texas without power at the moment. The other counties are 0-60% without power. The blackouts are rolling so people are getting power in blocks of time. There’s plenty of open superstations for EV’s to get powered up. 

I will probably have a generator running for my own if the lights are out. Probably plug what ever I need in including an EV if it needs a charge

And what does the generator run on? 

2 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Irv, as usual, is misinformed. There’s two smaller counties in Texas without power at the moment. The other counties are 0-60% without power. The blackouts are rolling so people are getting power in blocks of time. There’s plenty of open superstations for EV’s to get powered up. 

Plenty of places are there? And I'm the misinformed one? :lol:

"As of Tuesday afternoon, more than four million people in Texas — considered the energy capital of the U.S. — still had no power as freezing temperatures ranging from -2 C to -22 C created a surge in demand for electricity to warm homes unaccustomed to such extreme lows, buckling the state's power grid"

1 minute ago, irv said:

Plenty of places are there? And I'm the misinformed one? :lol:

"As of Tuesday afternoon, more than four million people in Texas — considered the energy capital of the U.S. — still had no power as freezing temperatures ranging from -2 C to -22 C created a surge in demand for electricity to warm homes unaccustomed to such extreme lows, buckling the state's power grid"

You believe the media hook line and sinker. 

https://poweroutage.us/area/state/texas

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

You have one hell of an ego to think that you are causing or can prevent the earth from changing.

2 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

You believe the media hook line and sinker. 

https://poweroutage.us/area/state/texas

Coming from the guy who believes in man made global warming and thinks that by throwing money at it, we can somehow control it. :lol:

climity7.jpg

1 minute ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Texas has no power. Can’t charge the EV. 

-irv

People are freezing in their homes but you think it is no problem to go charge up your car. 

AFJ, or spin dry? Which one am I currently talking to? :lol:

2 minutes ago, irv said:

People are freezing in their homes but you think it is no problem to go charge up your car. 

Dude, when the HCS people showed up he went back to being AFJ.  He believes that is has better street rep.

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, irv said:

People are dying from running cars briefly in there garage to warm up also.  If they had an EV they wouldn’t die from carbon monoxide.  It’s not like they are going anywhere if they are dying from carbon monoxide poisoning in there garage.

3 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

It’s a shame Texans can’t even build a reliable power grid. Red state. 

I'm sure Joe will fix that right up with more wind turbines and solar panels because they've proven themselves so efficient and reliable. 

People are dying from running cars briefly in there garage to warm up also.  If they had an EV they wouldn’t die from carbon monoxide.  It’s not like they are going anywhere if they are dying from carbon monoxide poisoning in there garage.

No, and they wouldn't be getting warm either. 

Just now, irv said:

I'm sure Joe will fix that right up with more wind turbines and solar panels because they've proven themselves so efficient and reliable. 

Not even Alzheimer Joe could fuck it up worse than red state technology. As the state turns blue, these issues will disappear. Texas might even get a decent healthcare system 

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, irv said:

No, and they wouldn't be getting warm either. 

Heating with electric don’t kill ya...  full battery car would provide heat for days when you need it to keep you from freezing to death.