Check your account email address ×

The noisy, popular snowmobile (from the CBC)

rode as a kid in the 70's early 80's then outside a couple times didn't ride till 03.  took off last winter completely but might pick up something for this year. Wifes scared to get on a plane so going south a bunch isn't in the cards like I want.  

On 10/2/2020 at 8:53 AM, Angry ginger said:

rode as a kid in the 70's early 80's then outside a couple times didn't ride till 03.  took off last winter completely but might pick up something for this year. Wifes scared to get on a plane so going south a bunch isn't in the cards like I want.  

why do you have to bring the wife ? 

No helmet law back then. I recall when they enacted the helmet law. My parents had no idea about it. They found out when the cops told me as I was out riding. they followed me back to the cottage and told my parents i have to wear one. I think that was 1972. My dad used to ride with an open beer in his left hand. The golden ghost had under seat storage and it was the beer cart. it was slow, but never got left far behind...Life was good bck then, way more freedom.

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 hours ago, ManOnManOral said:

No helmet law back then. I recall when they enacted the helmet law. My parents had no idea about it. They found out when the cops told me as I was out riding. they followed me back to the cottage and told my parents i have to wear one. I think that was 1972. My dad used to ride with an open beer in his left hand. The golden ghost had under seat storage and it was the beer cart. it was slow, but never got left far behind...Life was good bck then, way more freedom.

We still dont have a helmet law. On motorcycles , sleds and wheelers. And no seat belt law. Wearing a seatbelt is a great idea. Telling someone else they must wear one is a terrible idea.

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

We still dont have a helmet law. On motorcycles , sleds and wheelers. And no seat belt law. Wearing a seatbelt is a great idea. Telling someone else they must wear one is a terrible idea.

We have publicly funded health care. because of that I actually support helmet and seatbelt laws, unless you wanted to buy private to cover any injury.

• Like 1

On 10/2/2020 at 9:53 AM, Angry ginger said:

Good man