Check your account email address ×

So I'm scrolling through some old stuff in my Photobucket......

8 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

They were prolly looking at ya weird because of the pace you were shoveling that food in.  I have to make a conscience effort to this day to slow down at the table....  sometimes i forget and just go for it.  Easily done 15 minutes before anybody at the table.

To this day, I hate standing in line for food.

3 hours ago, bussman said:

We had a recovery mission go horribly wrong during Desert Storm and to make a long story short I had to hitch a ride alone with a few Marine intelligence radar operators to go back for the HETT and M88. Only thing was we had to go back to some AF and Navy rear echelon shit first where they were all pampered wearing PT uniforms and flip flops. I had 2 hours to kill while the Marines went to a briefing so I loaded up at the PX then hit the mess hall. Dude it was sickening watching them cut their Salisbury steaks all proper and shit. Nobody sat with me because I'm sure I smelled and looked like a freak. But they'd come by and ask me questions treating me like a black guy under Jim Crow. Originally they wanted me to turn in my weapon, ammunition and mask (what the fuck can I do with a mask?) but I refused and asked if they could just hand me food and I'd eat it outside. That ended that plan I guess and they just let me eat in there. lol

They wanted to know what the "desert" was like and I told them to specifically thank the A10 pilots from me if they knew any. As I'm leaving I overhear them saying "And that guy is just a mechanic, fuck the Army" :lol: 

I'd do it all again, the Army was perfect for me. :bc: 

Yeah...fucking REMFs.  God damn UN fuckheads standing around smoking and wondering what all the fuss is about.  Just bring me my fucking ammo!

On the bold:  Yep...wouldn't change much...although I would've grabbed more ammo.  :lol:

22 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

They were prolly looking at ya weird because of the pace you were shoveling that food in.  I have to make a conscience effort to this day to slow down at the table....  sometimes i forget and just go for it.  Easily done 15 minutes before anybody at the table.

I never really had a problem with the food.  My units were pretty cool...take as much as you want.  Just eat what you take.  And most of my time was spent eating fucking MRE shit anyway.  So, a chair and hot foot was always good when in garrison.  I'm not a picky eater though.  I know would fuck up breakfast...mounds of scrambles and half dozen sticks of bacon with toast and 3-4 glasses of OJ.  PUNISHED THAT SHIT whenever I could.  Ate a couple of cans of tuna and went to the gym for lunch so I don't remember what they had for lunch but I do remember a hamburger bar.  Dinner?  Whatever I could swallow before the drinking started.  LOL!  Our work week was typically 3-4 days when training so we always had long weekends.

13 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

To this day, I hate standing in line for food.

AMEN TO THAT!

Speaking of AF fly boys.  My old man just happened to send this to me this morning.  These are some "good AF eggs"  Not sure how many of you are familiar with the AC130 Spectre gunship...but it's bad ass.  This is a different insider type video.  I've been in them several times and have called for support with these crews.  They're are some deadly boys up there circling lots of "dead guys".

7 hours ago, Woodtick said:

The union I'm in cut Two years off my time because of my service. So I made journeyman in 3 years. My oldest son pays instate at U of Iowa because of my service. Being in the Gulf sucked balls,but over 20 years later,I'm still reaping in the bennies.:usflag: 

As lt should be.....

8 hours ago, bussman said:

I was originally enlisted in the AF. Shoplifted when I was 16 before I joined, got narced on after I joined, admitted it, and got a suspended sentence.

That's all it took for me to get get kicked out of the Omlette Force, hello Army

Must of lucked out though, I had fresh omlettes at Ford Hood every morning. :dunno: 

:lol:

7 hours ago, bussman said:

We had a recovery mission go horribly wrong during Desert Storm and to make a long story short I had to hitch a ride alone with a few Marine intelligence radar operators to go back for the HETT and M88. Only thing was we had to go back to some AF and Navy rear echelon shit first where they were all pampered wearing PT uniforms and flip flops. I had 2 hours to kill while the Marines went to a briefing so I loaded up at the PX then hit the mess hall. Dude it was sickening watching them cut their Salisbury steaks all proper and shit. Nobody sat with me because I'm sure I smelled and looked like a freak. But they'd come by and ask me questions treating me like a black guy under Jim Crow. Originally they wanted me to turn in my weapon, ammunition and mask (what the fuck can I do with a mask?) but I refused and asked if they could just hand me food and I'd eat it outside. That ended that plan I guess and they just let me eat in there. lol

They wanted to know what the "desert" was like and I told them to specifically thank the A10 pilots from me if they knew any. As I'm leaving I overhear them saying "And that guy is just a mechanic, fuck the Army" :lol: 

I'd do it all again, the Army was perfect for me. :bc: 

:lmao:

6 hours ago, MiSledder said:

Hate to be moto right now

Just right now? 

4 hours ago, BOHICA said:

The day I graduated from boot camp, my parents took me to a  really nice restaurant on Coronado Island.  I had prime rib, and all kinds of good sides   I was done eating in less than 3 minutes. :lol: Told my mom, sorry but that's what I've been used to doing the last 13 weeks :lmao:    Even after being out for almost 21 years, I have to make myself eat slow.  

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Speaking of AF fly boys.  My old man just happened to send this to me this morning.  These are some "good AF eggs"  Not sure how many of you are familiar with the AC130 Spectre gunship...but it's bad ass.  This is a different insider type video.  I've been in them several times and have called for support with these crews.  They're are some deadly boys up there circling lots of "dead guys".

I've flown in 130s more than I wanted to.  Noisy as fuck, and they stink.  And turbulence sucks in one of them