Check your account email address ×

Aunika had a cool day!

20 hours ago, f7ben said:

I hate basketball lol.....she threatens to want to play volleyball and it’s her choice but I think she just loves to swim

must be girls hockey up your way?

can't drink in the stands watching swimming!

Just now, frenchy said:

must be girls hockey up your way?

can't drink in the stands watching swimming!

Yes there is girls hockey here but she’s not built for it. She’s been skating since she could walk but I never pushed it because I don’t wanna be a hockey parent. Fuck that shit

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yes there is girls hockey here but she’s not built for it. She’s been skating since she could walk but I never pushed it because I don’t wanna be a hockey parent. Fuck that shit

eesh I can't think of a worse sport to parent than swimming, 5am practices, and individual events where you are forced to sit around and watch others compete until your kids turn then they are done in 5 mins.

But different strokes I guess. I love the hockey parent thing and will miss having a regular season this year as tryouts would be happening right now. 

In any case sounds like she loves it which is all that counts right? 

13 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Cool stuff Ben.  Man, she's  a tall one!  Great asset for volleyball, swimming, etc..  I found out recently I'm gonna be a grand pop.  My string bean is all grown up now, so take lots of pictures.  :bc: 

congrats.  

15 minutes ago, frenchy said:

eesh I can't think of a worse sport to parent than swimming, 5am practices, and individual events where you are forced to sit around and watch others compete until your kids turn then they are done in 5 mins.

But different strokes I guess. I love the hockey parent thing and will miss having a regular season this year as tryouts would be happening right now. 

In any case sounds like she loves it which is all that counts right? 

Practices here are right after school and I like going to the swim meets , they are typically about 2hrs and the season isn’t abusively long. 

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Practices here are right after school and I like going to the swim meets , they are typically about 2hrs and the season isn’t abusively long. 

Swimming is a great sport. Lots of options in HS including water polo and diving. 

Just now, Edmo said:

Swimming is a great sport. Lots of options in HS including water polo and diving. 

The time of the year is perfect as well....doesn’t cut into sledding or summer weekends 

Just now, Angry ginger said:

it's not a winter sport there.  My son had swim meets every weekend his last 2 years of HS in Dec-Feb

They started the season last week and I believe it wraps up in Dec