Check your account email address ×

Remember when the Dems used the nuclear option on filibusters?

just a reminder for the severe butt hurt in here very soon lmfao. best part most of the dicks who did this are still there to live with there actions lol 

Senate Democrats took the dramatic step Thursday of eliminating filibusters for most nominations by presidents, a power play they said was necessary to fix a broken system but one that Republicans said will only rupture it further.

Democrats used a rare parliamentary move to change the rules so that federal judicial nominees and executive-office appointments can advance to confirmation votes by a simple majority of senators, rather than the 60-vote supermajority that has been the standard for nearly four decades.

ADVERTISING

ADVERTISING

The immediate rationale for the move was to allow the confirmation of three picks by President Obama to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit — the most recent examples of what Democrats have long considered unreasonably partisan obstruction by Republicans.

In the long term, the rule change represents a substantial power shift in a chamber that for more than two centuries has prided itself on affording more rights to the minority party than any other legislative body in the world. Now, a president whose party holds the majority in the Senate is virtually assured of having his nominees approved, with far less opportunity for political obstruction.

The main combatants Thursday were the chamber’s two chiefs, Majority Leader Harry M. Reid (D-Nev.) and Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), who have clashed for several years over Republican filibusters of Obama’s agenda and nominees.

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 hours ago, Snake said:

I called it horse shit at the time, and I still think so.

I also said at the time, be careful what you wish for.

Oh I'm sure we will have the same people on here like MC, Vince, Slinger, Shitrider......well maybe not shitrider since he's in his momma's basement crying that will be against it now but fuck that.   Remember elections have consequences.  If they are going to stop making America great again then fuck them what's good for the goose is good for the gander.   I said all along as long as he nominates the type of people he said he would and with what he has done since becoming POTUS elect makes me believe he will judges appointments and not just to the Supreme Court are probably the most important jobs of the POTUS after protecting America.

Just now, Highmark said:

Oh I'm sure we will have the same people on here like MC, Vince, Slinger, Shitrider......well maybe not shitrider since he's in his momma's basement crying that will be against it now but fuck that.   Remember elections have consequences.  If they are going to stop making America great again then fuck them what's good for the goose is good for the gander.   I said all along as long as he nominates the type of people he said he would and with what he has done since becoming POTUS elect makes me believe he will judges appointments and not just to the Supreme Court are probably the most important jobs of the POTUS after protecting America.

They weaponized the Presidency, and now they are looking down the barrel.

It's kinda cool, ain't it?

4 minutes ago, Snake said:

Dingy Harry said he does not regret doing it while many of the other remaining Dem Senator's do regret it.  

Keep in mind right now its only on non-Supreme court nominee's that there is no filibuster.   To nuke it for SC nominee's however only a simple majority vote is needed.  

Edited by Highmark

Well, why not.  Everyday they were getting a heaping load of shit about demographics and a party in shambles. Surely they would never have to worry about the Republicans  ever being back in power. 

1 minute ago, Cold War said:

Well, why not.  Everyday they were getting a heaping load of shit about demographics and a party in shambles. Surely they would never have to worry about the Republicans  ever being back in power. 

Yeah remember when the resident liberals said the GOP was done.   I always found that funny considering how many in the GOP were in office all over the country at the time.  Now its the most since the 1920's and the dem's are spinning their wheels with no tow truck to pull them out.  

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Yeah remember when the resident liberals said the GOP was done.   I always found that funny considering how many in the GOP were in office all over the country at the time.  Now its the most since the 1920's and the dem's are spinning their wheels with no tow truck to pull them out.  

How could anyone forget...........It was everyday. :lol: 

member the daily posts about some washed up, has been, establishment,  Republican, penning out his letter of dissent .

Where you at now................Bitches! :finger:

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Its glorious.  Democrats have been playing smash mouth politics for the last 8 years, and lost.  Republicans need to stay vigilant, not let them frame the message and continue to shove it right up the Democrats asses.

• Like 2

I always watch a bit of CNN and MSNBC and right now its priceless.  The debate over if they should be complete obstructionists or not is hilarious.  The issue they have here is and the GOP better follow Trump's lead on this is the pro business while still being pro worker mantra he has campaigned on.  If the dems or the gop fight him on the wrong issues they are going against the same people that cost them the election and won it for Trump.   The dems are on a very slippery slope.   With the GOP having congress and the WH there is not much the dems can do to stop them but if they try on too many issues it just gives the GOP bulletin board material for 2018 and 2020.   Something like 23 dem senators plus 2 "independents" that caucus with them are up for re-election in 2018.  With a good 4 years its feasible that a super majority in the senate be possible as 11 races are in states that went to Trump.  Right or wrong the POTUS election has more teeth when it comes to economy than the under-cards.  That is where that ave not super informed voter looks.   

Note to the GOP.   Get things done for economic growth, job creation and wage growth.  

Another funny thing on CNN one dem stooge was talking about Trump's favorability poll numbers being low at this point compared to Bush and Obama and how this is trouble for him.   Fucking dude does not pay attention to anything.  Trumps favorability rating sucked before the election and he still won.   

Edited by Highmark

really I hope he puts his people in just to shove it in all the way to remind them how it feels . then work on reversing this shit law before the midterms not quite about it make it a big public issue to remind people just how sleeeeazy the libs really are