Check your account email address ×

Absentee Voting numbers WAY up

Funny they never mention how they mailed out absentee ballot requests without people wanting them.  This is how you manipulate an election.

MADISON, Wis. — Wisconsin elections officials say voters have requested more than 900,000 absentee ballots for Tuesday's primary, more than seven times what they requested in the last August primary in 2018.

The Wisconsin Elections Commission released data Monday that shows voters have requested 903,760 ballots.

More than half-a-million (506,709) have been returned.

Voters requested 123,393 ballots in the 2018 primary and returned 106,663.

The 2020 numbers are another sign of the coronavirus pandemic's impact as voters try to avoid infection at the polls.

124k requested in 2018 vs 900,000 in 2020?  Yeah, nothing to see here.

Edited by racer254

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

Your assuming just Democrats cheat......lmao

Also dumb ass stopping mail in ballots or slowing them hurts republicans more than Dems.

You're the one making assumptions.  I have mentioned in another thread about how I was sent requests from the republican party of Wisconsin.

Well, the shenanigans are just starting.   In the mail yesterday I received an "Absentee Ballot Request" with the ability to request up to 2 ballots.   I did not request this, I have never voted absentee and as far as I know no one that has ever been a resident at this address has voted absentee.  Why am I receiving this?  Think about the fraud that can happen.   What if someone gets this and mails it in for me, and votes absentee in my name?  Am I responsible?  If I go and vote in person, will it count?  I am also embarrassed to say that this was supposedly from the "Republican Party of Wisconsin"  This is crap and cause for concern.

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

There’s no reason in the age of online banking and bill pay that people should have to leave their homes to vote. 

wrong

dumb people can't bank online correctly and elections are important.  Get off ones ass and if you can't be there on voting day get an absentee ballot.  

9 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

wrong

dumb people can't bank online correctly and elections are important.  Get off ones ass and if you can't be there on voting day get an absentee ballot.  

For the dumb there’s voting booths. I’d personally prefer online. As would a lot of people. 

19 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

wrong

if you make it easier for people to do more will, in theory anyways.

lots of people work in jobs they can't take time off from, take public transportation, have young kids at home. Not having to go to a voting station and wait in long lines to vote (which seems to be problematic in some demographics) should be something that is at least explored. 

4 minutes ago, frenchy said:

lots of people work in jobs they can't take time off from, take public transportation, have young kids at home. Not having to go to a voting station and wait in long lines to vote (which seems to be problematic in some demographics) should be something that is at least explored. 

There’s a strong push in America to limit voter participation in certain demographics. It’s fair to say that it’s coming from the right. There’s a strong fear of increased voter participation from right wingers. It’s about losing the status quo. 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

There’s a strong push in America to limit voter participation in certain demographics. It’s fair to say that it’s coming from the right. There’s a strong fear of increased voter participation from right wingers. It’s about losing the status quo. 

to my point and the push back against electoral transformation initiatives pretty much says it all. 

1 hour ago, frenchy said:

how do you prove the voter is who they say.  We have to provide ID to vote or request absentee then the signatures are matched between the request and the vote.  That is a fair system with acceptable security.  Just letting someone log in with a SS# on a computer and vote is ripe for fraud.  this is an issue Trumps not wrong on he jsut presents it like a jackass.  We can't keep the bank records and bill records secure online nevermind an election.  

4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

how do you prove the voter is who they say.  We have to provide ID to vote or request absentee then the signatures are matched between the request and the vote.  That is a fair system with acceptable security.  Just letting someone log in with a SS# on a computer and vote is ripe for fraud.  this is an issue Trumps not wrong on he jsut presents it like a jackass.  We can't keep the bank records and bill records secure online nevermind an election.  

the technology is close but all hinges on E2E veifiability. Encryption, etc. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, racer254 said:

Funny they never mention how they mailed out absentee ballot requests without people wanting them.  This is how you manipulate an election.

MADISON, Wis. — Wisconsin elections officials say voters have requested more than 900,000 absentee ballots for Tuesday's primary, more than seven times what they requested in the last August primary in 2018.

The Wisconsin Elections Commission released data Monday that shows voters have requested 903,760 ballots.

More than half-a-million (506,709) have been returned.

Voters requested 123,393 ballots in the 2018 primary and returned 106,663.

The 2020 numbers are another sign of the coronavirus pandemic's impact as voters try to avoid infection at the polls.

124k requested in 2018 vs 900,000 in 2020?  Yeah, nothing to see here.

For the 90000000th time you repetitive dumbfuck there is a difference between a ballot and an application for a ballot.

23 minutes ago, frenchy said:

the technology is close but all hinges on E2E veifiability. Encryption, etc. 

do we think the "disenfranchised" in the inner city and rural areas are going to get that soon.  Fuck lots don't even have internet.  it's a huge benefit for the middle to upper middle class voter who can already figure out a way to get to the poll which I guess is fine once the tech gets there.    

Really end of the day the last thing we need is more poor people voting. Voters should not be on the public dole and should be paying taxes to have their opinions matter.   No college kids,  no welfare cases,  no SS recipients.  :news: 

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

Stopping fraud is different then limit voter participation. No one here want's to limit voter participation. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, racer254 said:

Stopping fraud is different then limit voter participation. No one here want's to limit voter participation. 

Absentee Voting does not equal fraud no matter how many times you repeat it. 

1 hour ago, XC.Morrison said:

Hopefully it’ll make up for the massive decrease of available in-person voting locations your state saw earlier this year due to lack of poll workers.

https://wisconsinexaminer.com/2020/04/06/wisconsins-closed-polls/

That was only in april due to covid.  Maybe some people need to keep up with the facts

Around 170 voting sites will be operational in Milwaukee on Tuesday, according to the City of Milwaukee Election Commission. That's about 95% of the city's usual polling locations. Only five Milwaukee polling locations were open in April.

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Absentee Voting does not equal fraud no matter how many times you repeat it. 

It's election manipulation you dim bulb.  They sent out 700,000 more ballots than ever before.  It just a test run.

Woodall-Vogg said Tuesday morning that voter turnout had been slow at in-person polling locations but that about 45,000 absentee ballots had been returned so far. She expected thousands more to be turned in throughout the day.

In other partisan primaries, the city would have about 7,500 absentee ballots returned, she said, with about 8,000 or 8,500 being issued.

She said the city saw a spike in absentee ballot requests

Edited by racer254

I don’t trust photo ID.  I’ve been turned down trying to buy beer with my own ID before.  I insisted it was me so the checkout lady had me sign my name on a scrap of paper to see if that matched and since my signatures are always a little different she said no go there as well.  That was a while ago, I was probably 22 at the time.  About five years ago my wife was driving us to pick up some food at Steak N Shake and forgot to signal pulling into their parking lot and we got pulled over.  She also forgot her wallet at home.  Officer pulled up her license on his computer and refused to believe she was who she said she was.  He frisked her and called backup.  His partner came up to the passenger side and asked me how I know this woman.  I’m like, she’s my wife and her name is what she told you.  Eventually they must have decided she was cause eventually they let us proceed to the drive through.  So yeah, if so called trained officers suck this bad at making a positive ID then I feel like there’d be more problems at the polls than what it purports to fix.  

3 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

do we think the "disenfranchised" in the inner city and rural areas are going to get that soon.  Fuck lots don't even have internet.  it's a huge benefit for the middle to upper middle class voter who can already figure out a way to get to the poll which I guess is fine once the tech gets there.    

Really end of the day the last thing we need is more poor people voting. Voters should not be on the public dole and should be paying taxes to have their opinions matter.   No college kids,  no welfare cases,  no SS recipients.  :news: 

I disagree. A lot of people have smart phones. Especially the young. Young people are notorious for not voting. There no reason a downloadable app couldn’t be created to make voting more accessible and more convenient to a wider section of America. Especially the younger voter.

3 hours ago, racer254 said:

It's election manipulation you dim bulb.  They sent out 700,000 more ballots than ever before.  It just a test run.

Woodall-Vogg said Tuesday morning that voter turnout had been slow at in-person polling locations but that about 45,000 absentee ballots had been returned so far. She expected thousands more to be turned in throughout the day.

In other partisan primaries, the city would have about 7,500 absentee ballots returned, she said, with about 8,000 or 8,500 being issued.

She said the city saw a spike in absentee ballot requests

I smell fear and paranoia. :lol: 

36 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I disagree. A lot of people have smart phones. Especially the young. Young people are notorious for not voting. There no reason a downloadable app couldn’t be created to make voting more accessible and more convenient to a wider section of America. Especially the younger voter.

the young should not be allowed to vote.