Check your account email address ×

Covid death rates by date.

• Advertising Member

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

****Some of you guys**** seem like you are pretty smart..... why do you guys think the death rate is tracking inversely with the infection rate counts (since about May)?  To me, something looks fishy with these counts.... is the virus mutating, are we getting better at treatment, or something else?

:bc: curious what you guys think.  

Edited by Seatofmypants

I think it's getting weaker. BIL  and SIL that had it back in March were pretty sick for over 2 weeks.  Same age as me and pretty healthy.  14 of us got it on the 4th and no one was very bad.  I barely had any symptoms.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Seatofmypants said:

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

****Some of you guys**** seem like you are pretty smart..... why do you guys think the death rate is tracking inversely with the infection rate counts (since about May)?  To me, something looks fishy with these counts.... is the virus mutating, are we getting better at treatment, or something else?

:bc: curious what you guys think.  

I think the people that died were going to die if they got covid or some other virus like The flu or pneumonia. The vast majority of people that get it now have a strong enough immune system to fight it off. At the end of the year if I had to guess the same number of people that Die on average every year in United States will be the same as every other year

Harvesting effect is usually a factor in the early stages of any health extreme.

We are lucky to have refined treatments for those that are seriously ill now compared to early stages.  I always say, let someone else be the test subject.  That is part of the reason to slow the spread.

Social distance practices are also helping to reduce the viral load.  This is one of those cases where more is not better.

Those that lay low and wait a bit have much better odds.