Check your account email address ×

We are testing 5x's more people a day than when hospitalizations spiked in April.

I’ve said all along there’s way more positives out there than we could even imagine because a lot of people are asymptomatic, and this thing spreads fast. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I’ve said all along there’s way more positives out there than we could even imagine because a lot of people are asymptomatic, and this thing spreads fast. 

Even with a vaccine as effective as the influenza vaccines given each year there is NO stopping this.   Let it run its course.

We can lock down and do whatever but the fact remains that enough of the population must stay working (essentials) that there will always be thousands and thousands running around positive to cause another spike once things open back up. 

Its true mortality rate doesn't justify what we are doing.  When adding in who had it but not tested the mortality rate is less than 1/2 of 1 percent.    Then when you look at the young and healthy the death rate for them is almost too small to measure.  

Edited by Highmark

3 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

Are these all the nasal swabs tests - or do they have others now?

I think they are all nasal swabs yet.

The US about 250 people under the age of 25 have died from Covid.   Of these its likely most had some pre-existing condition.

10 x's that will die from drug OD's alone in the same time period.

Many, many more will die from influenza than covid and we vaccinate for it.  

10 minutes ago, Highmark said:

The US about 250 people under the age of 25 have died from Covid.   Of these its likely most had some pre-existing condition.

10 x's that will die from drug OD's alone in the same time period.

Many, many more will die from influenza than covid and we vaccinate for it.  

The media has created so much fear that governments are almost handcuffed into being reactionary 

4 minutes ago, ACE said:

The media has created so much fear that governments are almost handcuffed into being reactionary 

Yep.   Pushed by the liberals.   In March liberal politicians were encouraging people to go to large gatherings.  

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/nancy-pelosi-visits-san-franciscos-chinatown-amid-coronavirus-concerns/2241075/

"Since I’m encouraging New Yorkers to go on with your lives + get out on the town despite Coronavirus, I thought I would offer some suggestions," de Blasio tweeted on March 2. "Here’s the first: thru Thurs 3/5 go see The Traitor [at Lincoln Center]. If The Wire was a true story + set in Italy, it would be this film.

Edited by Highmark