Check your account email address ×

OPTI

4 hours ago, jammin said:

Just ask the question.   :thumbsup:

Major bog 50% of the time from off idle..starts and idles perfect, when it bogs it will actually lose rpm's, after throttling up/down multiple times it usually will take off and rev at 5,800, perfect..70-72 mph, stop, try again from idle and it will bog again.

Edited by XCR1250

10 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Major bog 50% of the time from off idle..starts and idles perfect, when it bogs it will actually lose rpm's, after throttling up/down multiple times it usually will take off and rev at 5,800, perfect..70-72 mph, stop, try again from idle and it will bog again.

What color injectors? Pressure in the air rail?

3 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

What color injectors? Pressure in the air rail?

Red..air pressure and fuel pressure are correct, motor only has 120+/- hrs. on it.

2 new TPS sensors, new Computer, new map sensor, new external coils, etc.

Dealer had it with me on a lake for over 2 hours, couldn't find anything wrong, was hooked up to their Mercury analyzer.

Edited by XCR1250

11 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Red..air pressure and fuel pressure are correct, motor only has 120+/- hrs. on it.

Dealer had it with me on a lake for over 2 hours, couldn't find anything wrong, was hooked up to their Mercury analyzer.

Red? They are usually black, which had issues. Most have been switched to blue. 
what’s the battery condition? Opti will run like shit on an unstable voltage, alternator won’t keep up with the demand on it’s own. CLEAN TIGHT connections, 14v ish 1000cca battery?

1 minute ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

what’s the battery condition? Opti will run like shit on an unstable voltage, alternator won’t keep up with the demand on it’s own. CLEAN TIGHT connections, 14v ish 1000cca battery?

Battery was new last year, regular marine battery..I'll go look at the injectors again, maybe I'm mistaken.

BTW Leak down test checked perfect.

Is it a miss, or a bog at idle?

No miss, just massive off the line bog, r's will go to 25-3000 then if I keep it floored will lose r's and almost quit running, do that several times and it will take off and run great..

Be right back, looking at injectors. 

19 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

If Merlin came up empty then I would be looking at mechanical issues like air leaks, bad gaskets intake side, fuel pressure high side. 

5 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

No miss, just massive off the line bog,

Sounds fuel. Vapor lock in the system? Does the primer bulb stay hard?

4 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

If Merlin came up empty then I would be looking at mechanical issues like air leaks, bad gaskets intake side, fuel pressure high side. 

agreed (however, cds only knows information it’s being fed. The tech needs to know what values to look for, ie he mentioned the tps had been replaced, was it timed properly?)

Edited by Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

11 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Injectors are red.

5 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Fuel pressure checked at 10 PSI which was perfect.

2 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Sounds fuel. Vapor lock in the system? Does the primer bulb stay hard?

agreed 

Bulb stays hard, had another guy squeezing it while I tried to accelerate just to rule that out, still bogged.

7 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Seems to be looking for fuel.

Shop manual states 10 PSI after the regulator.

Reading right now:

"maximum 10PSI, Normal 6-6 PSI, minimum 4PSI with water seperating filter"

Fuel pump pressure at idle:

"2-3 PSI, normal 1 PSI"

"electric Fuel Pump Pressure no more than 4 PSI"

This is the diaphragm pump.

There are 3 pumps on this engine.

Edited by XCR1250

2 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Shop manual states 10 PSI after the regulator.

Fuel Pressure and Air Pressure is critical.
The Fuel Pressure Regulator and Tracker Valve maintains exact fuel and air pressures.
There must be exactly a 10 PSI difference between the fuel pressure and the air pressure.
If you don't have exactly a 10 PSI difference the engine will run bad or not at all.

There are a few different items which can effect these pressures.
A clogged fuel filter(s), bad fuel line, faulty lift pump, faulty high pressure pump,
bad pump grommets in the VST (Vapor Separator Tank), bad air compressor, faulty pressure regulator,

faulty fuel rails or rail fuel lines, a bad tracker valve, bad fuel injector or a bad air injector
Fuel lines can collapse and cause fuel restrictions.

Typical Optimax Fuel Pressure and Air Pressure specifications are listed below: Fuel Pressure at Starboard Rail Schrader 88-92 PSI.
Air Pressure at Port Rail Schrader is 78-82 PSI.

:dunno:

Fuel Pressure and Air Pressure is critical.
The Fuel Pressure Regulator and Tracker Valve maintains exact fuel and air pressures.
There must be exactly a 10 PSI difference between the fuel pressure and the air pressure.
If you don't have exactly a 10 PSI difference the engine will run bad or not at all.

There are a few different items which can effect these pressures.
A clogged fuel filter(s), bad fuel line, faulty lift pump, faulty high pressure pump,
bad pump grommets in the VST (Vapor Separator Tank), bad air compressor, faulty pressure regulator,

faulty fuel rails or rail fuel lines, a bad tracker valve, bad fuel injector or a bad air injector
Fuel lines can collapse and cause fuel restrictions.

Typical Optimax Fuel Pressure and Air Pressure specifications are listed below: Fuel Pressure at Starboard Rail Schrader 88-92 PSI.
Air Pressure at Port Rail Schrader is 78-82 PSI.

:dunno:

Yes, I was referring to the vacuum fuel pump, not the 2 electric ones which tested at 88 PSI and the air pressure was almost 80.

• Like 1