Check your account email address ×

Cedar Lake Speedway..New Richmond WI

• Platinum Contributing Member

Happened upon some World Of Outlaws action on CBS Sports Network last night....great racing! @racinfarmer have you ever raced at that track?Anybody watched races there....looked like a hoot. :thumbsup:

https://www.cedarlakespeedway.com/page/show/1911074-world-of-outlaw-showdown

It has been many years.  A lot of people consider CLS to be the Eldora of the midwest. 

I hold a different opinion, but it is a very good track that is very fan friendly.  I wish more tracks had a tailgate section in the turns like CLS and I-94 do.  

• Like 1

Loved Cedar Lake and Centuria speedway back in the 80's. We went darn near every weekend as one of the guys at work had 2 late models that his sons drove. Haven't been there in years.

Edited by Big Crappie
  • Like 1

Haven’t been there in many years, but it was always a good track. There used to be a great bar in New Richmond called the Agate. Not sure if it’s still there as that was back in the early to mid “80’s. Good times. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Big Crappie said:

Loved Cedar Lake and Centuria speedway back in the 80's. We went darn near every weekend as one of the guys at work had 2 late models that his sons drove. Haven't been there in years.

I think the later is closed again.  

5 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Haven’t been there in many years, but it was always a good track. There used to be a great bar in New Richmond called the Agate. Not sure if it’s still there as that was back in the early to mid “80’s. Good times. 

The nightlife at the big races at most race tracks is better then the nightlife in the town they are by, 9/10 times.  

11 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I think the later is closed again.  

The nightlife at the big races at most race tracks is better then the nightlife in the town they are by, 9/10 times.  

The Agate was a collection point for drivers back in the “80’s. They always had a decent band playing as well. I’d be on my way to the races in Slinger tonight  if I weren’t down with the hip surgery. Should be a good show tonight. 

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

The Agate was a collection point for drivers back in the “80’s. They always had a decent band playing as well. I’d be on my way to the races in Slinger tonight  if I weren’t down with the hip surgery. Should be a good show tonight. 

It is a little different with so many people camping at tracks and in the pits these days.  

It wasn't all that long about the big haulers that we have today were just a pipe dream. 

Thinking back at some of the Cedar Lake stuff I remember.  

We'd usually be there for sprint car stuff and the WISSOTA 100 when it was still there.

During the WISSOTA 100, it wasn't uncommon for races to run until 2-3-4am, especially  the first night when it was streeters and b-mods.  Wild event back in the day.  Over 100 cars in most classes, over 200 in some.

Watched a family friend win his class there one year, huge upset win too.

One year the super stocks came out of corner 2  4 wide all sammiched together and the middle 2 cars must have had their front ends about a foot off the ground going down the backstretch.  That was the wreck fest class before the b-mods took that title.  

Watching Trent Follmer and Craig Thatcher battle it out in the mods, side by side, for what seemed like forever.  Probably the best mod race I've ever seen, or a damn close second.  

One year my uncle worked Thursday morning, qualified Thursday night, drove home that night (4 hours), worked Friday and part of Saturday, drove back and was looking like he might pull off the win only to have the car shut off.

And then there was the wet t-shirt contest after the last feature WISSOTA 100 weekend...

The backstretch/pit side food was always sub-par to the front stretch.  It was a long walk from the hauler or pits to get into the endless line to get the good food.  

• Like 1