Check your account email address ×

Trump says he wanted coronavirus testing slowed in grievance-filled speech to unfilled arena

Trump says he wanted coronavirus testing slowed in grievance-filled speech to unfilled arena

Source: MSN

President Trump, after boasting about enthusiasm and promising a full house, spoke in an arena in Tulsa on Saturday night with many seats unfilled amid the coronavirus pandemic. Most of his supporters in the 19,000-seat BOK Center were not wearing masks, hours after his campaign had announced that six members of the advance team staffing the event had tested positive for the virus.  

In a speech lasting nearly two hours — filled with grievances, falsehoods and misleading claims — Trump said that because more testing means higher numbers of known coronavirus cases, his direction was to curtail it. “So I said to my people, ‘Slow the testing down,’” he said. A White House official said later the president was “obviously kidding,” but he has previously expressed skepticism about testing, which public health experts say is required to contain the outbreak. 

* Trump also downplayed the severity of the virus, fixating on the number of names used for it — and offering one, “Kung Flu,” that is widely viewed as racist. 

* There was no massive overflow audience greeting Trump; the area outside the arena had emptied out by early evening, and plans for Trump to address the audience outside were quickly scrapped. The campaign blamed protesters, but there were only scattered efforts to block entrances, which were resolved by police.

Read more: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/live-updates-trump-says-he-wanted-coronavirus-testing-slowed-in-grievance-filled-speech-to-unfilled-arena/ar-BB15Kvbw?li=BBnb7Kz 

It’s like the butt hurt olympics on this board this morning. I don’t think there’s a stadium big enough to hold all this grief. Yeesh.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I loved the way Trump was throwing out this red meat for the liberals to sink their teeth into....

How to make a liberal look like an idiot: First, say something an idiot will post on a sled site.

Second: Laugh!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Snake said:

I loved the way Trump was throwing out this red meat for the liberals to sink their teeth into....

How to make a liberal look like an idiot: First, say something an idiot will post on a sled site.

Second: Laugh!

Yeah that’s what he does.... :roflcrying:

47 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

I looks like he was just kidding. It’s what dictators do when caught.

Just out of curiosity, and I won't hold you to this, but can I keep my doctor?

• Platinum Contributing Member
55 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

I looks like he was just kidding. It’s what dictators do when caught.

Trump was an outsider who raised half the money as your girl and still beat her.   His form a of campaigning worked once and it very well may again. 

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

Trump was an outsider who raised half the money as your girl and still beat her.   His form a of campaigning worked once and it very well may again. 

Even Trump knows he lost by 3 million votes and is not the people’s president.

8 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

:lol:   You are so triggered.   Your only competition is snacks and spin. 

download (3).jpg

10 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

So your expert lifer politician couldn’t figure out how to win the electoral vote? Maybe she should have actually visited Michigan instead of sending Cher. :lol: 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Beats being attached to aTrump

Yes because attaching yourself to a creepy old man who puts his hands all over little girls, smells their hair, talks about liking it when kids rubbed his legs and jumped on his lap is such a moral thing to do.  :lol:  

• Like 1