Check your account email address ×

Second wave or another spike of the first wave

• Platinum Contributing Member

Annnnnnd, Here.......we........ GO!

(CNN)Ten states saw a record number of new Covid-19 cases this week, and one of them could be the next epicenter of the national health crisis.

Florida reported 3,207 additional coronavirus cases on Thursday -- the largest single-day count in the state since the pandemic, according to the state health department. Florida's total reported cases climbed to nearly 86,000, according to data.
The Sunshine State has "all the markings of the next large epicenter of coronavirus transmission," and risks being the "worst it has ever been," according to projections from a model by scientists at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia and the University of Pennsylvania.
"That makes me very worried because, at the numbers they're now seeing, it's very easy to start doubling and lose control of the epidemic," Dr. David Rubin, director of PolicyLab at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, told CNN on Thursday.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/18/us/us-coronavirus-thursday/index.html

What a fuckin mess Y'all have made of yohselves. I hope our borders stay closed for months to the US and if you do get in you stay in Barracks for 14 days, none of this Trust to Self Quarantine shit

Edited by Tinker

3 hours ago, Kivalo said:

Doesn't matter, we need to open back up. This shut down must end.

True. I was all on board for shutting down in the beginning for a couple of months. Still believe it might have been the correct thing to do although I figured too many of us lazy Americans would do whatever we wanted anyway. Too late now. Open up and do what you feel comfortable with.