Check your account email address ×

Take away California and NY...

JEFF

14 minutes ago, JEFF said:

Do the research on what NYC sucks from the fed tit, vs. the rest of the state and get back to us.

Compare the amount of money paid to the fed by just Wall street to the upstate area, how many upstate people make multi million dollar salaries?

This old wives tale about NYC and  upstate NY is just that a tall tale, I travel to the Catskills and the ADK's all the time I love it there and hate the NYC areas, but it doesn't  change the fact that that is where the money is, not to mention the fact that a huge portion of lakefront properties are owned by people from the city as locals can't afford the taxes.  

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, ckf said:

I love the Daks. Great museum there too :thumb: 

Beautiful place aren't they? I wish Tug Hill didn't add those damn windmills as they look like shit but even without them the Hill can't compare to the Adks.

Just now, Kivalo said:

Beautiful place aren't they? I wish Tug Hill didn't add those damn windmills as they look like shit but even without them the Hill can't compare to the Adks.

Yes it is.

We have a few of those ugly windmill farms around here, too

• Gold Member
10 minutes ago, ckf said:

Yes it is.

We have a few of those ugly windmill farms around here, too

Those things are loud when you are nearby. My buddy works for an energy company and he got me a tour of a windmill farm and the actual windmill. Pretty cool on the inside. :bc:

18 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

I have traveled a lot the ADK's  Rt. 10 to 8 to 30 to 28 to 12 went both directions on all those routes plus more, beautiful area, and have only scratched the surface, if it weren't for my family all being here we would move there tomorrow.

• Gold Member
Just now, 1jkw said:

I have traveled a lot the ADK's  Rt. 10 to 8 to 30 to 28 to 12 went both directions on all those routes plus more, beautiful area, and have only scratched the surface, if it weren't for my family all being here we would move there tomorrow.

You a NYer or?

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

No NE.PA, Wayne county about 40 miles east of Hancock NY.

Had to google it but your about an hour from Binghamton?

Edited by Kivalo

• Gold Member
9 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Yes just about 1 hr. from Binghamton give or take depending on the many routes to get there.

I usually see a lot guys from down your way in the Hill. 

How's PA riding? You guys have a good trail system? I've never ridden in PA but it's on my "want to" list.

1 minute ago, Kivalo said:

I usually see a lot guys from down your way in the Hill. 

How's PA riding? You guys have a good trail system? I've never ridden in PA but it's on my "want to" list.

I belong to the NEPA snotrails, 220 miles of trails or so they do a great job when we have snow, there is also ACE trails, haven't ridden them yet but will this year if we have snow.

I go to the hill mid week sometimes, not often though as I have horses and only go up and back in the same day.

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, 1jkw said:

I belong to the NEPA snotrails, 220 miles of trails or so they do a great job when we have snow, there is also ACE trails, haven't ridden them yet but will this year if we have snow.

I go to the hill mid week sometimes, not often though as I have horses and only go up and back in the same day.

You have no business on the Hill on a weekend unless you have NO other option. Everyone thinks they're a racer and there is soooo much traffic the groomers can't possibly keep up with it despite how hard they try. I'm a regular on the Hill and I fucking hate weekends.

1 minute ago, Kivalo said:

You have no business on the Hill on a weekend unless you have NO other option. Everyone thinks they're a racer and there is soooo much traffic the groomers can't possibly keep up with it despite how hard they try. I'm a regular on the Hill and I fucking hate weekends.

I was in Boonville to watch the ovals on a Saturday, drove up on the hill to flat rock what I saw in the parking area convinced me not to go on a weekend. I ride mostly weekdays here too, but it isn't all that bad on weekends nothing like the hill.

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

I was in Boonville to watch the ovals on a Saturday, drove up on the hill to flat rock what I saw in the parking area convinced me not to go on a weekend. I ride mostly weekdays here too, but it isn't all that bad on weekends nothing like the hill.

Tug Hill..when it's nice...is great! That's almost always weekday riding. Not much different from the UP in that respect. PA riding is high my list of places to visit but, obviously, we need good snow coverage.

4 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Tug Hill..when it's nice...is great! That's almost always weekday riding. Not much different from the UP in that respect. PA riding is high my list of places to visit but, obviously, we need good snow coverage.

If it gets good here I'll let you know.  Tug was great when I was there we left from the timber view, rode from the edge to Stillwater was all great in fact the roads we rode up on were bumpier then the trails.

14 hours ago, Highmark said:

They sure don't make music and video's like they use to.

Anyone remember Friday Night Video's I think on NBC?   My brothers and I would always sit and watch after a night out talking about everything.   Those were good times.  

Yup watched them as well. :bc: