Check your account email address ×

Wheelers

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

no get in to the summer you will have grit in your teath . I have a back window also makes a bit if a diff but I have never been in a clean SXS . it is the worst thing about them by far.  well that and the heat 

I don't get the heat in mine from the engine like others but the exhaust is annoying when going slow over rocks and stuff. 

3 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Guy that owns the bar down the road just bought a completely enclosed Ranger, has heat, air conditioning, front & rear cameras, Sirus Radio/regular radio, built in GPS, Bluetooth, and cell phone. Around $30,000 

yeah fucking nuts and he will still get dust coming through the seams . my neighbor has the enclosed poo General.  not near as dirty but the cab is deff coated in dust 

4 minutes ago, smokin george said:

I don't get the heat in mine from the engine like others but the exhaust is annoying when going slow over rocks and stuff. 

lol mine looks like the space shuttle in the summer I made a 2 layer may for behind and under seats out of the silver thermal bubble wrap . it cut heat at least 70%

Screenshot_20200412-101700.jpg

Edited by Ez ryder
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

yeah fucking nuts and he will still get dust coming through the seams . my neighbor has the enclosed poo General.  not near as dirty but the cab is deff coated in dust 

Time will tell, he's a Trail Boss so out on the trails all year working.

5 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

lol mine looks like the space shuttle in the summer I made a 2 layer may for behind and under seats out of the silver thermal bubble wrap . it cut heat at least 70%

Screenshot_20200412-101700.jpg

I need some of that for my boat hatch. My motor on the sxs sits farther back than my buddies Maverick XC and he complains about the heat

20200412_111828.jpg

57 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Come to think of it, I have seen several SXS's that had 4 ceiling mounted fans facing down towards the passengers, wonder where they got those from and how well they might work??

Go to farm and fleet for the fans. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/12/2020 at 8:33 AM, smokin george said:

The sxs"s are selling like hotcakes. After 20yrs of atv"n and getting older it was getting tougher on us and the sxs is more comfortable and alot more fun. I drove a buddies all day and we we got out of it without aches and pains and that made our decision to get one. I use it as a car up here lol

I still prefer an ATV. I actually think they’re more fun because you can throw them around easier and it feels more like a sled/bike than a car. But I still wish I could have a SxS too. My dads new General is an awesome machine. The ride is so plush and the seats are rediculously comfy.

D6405001-9F74-4698-B7B7-3660E216BAA3.thumb.jpeg.735d431a5dd0b27971a3f812a3c0ed36.jpeg

• Like 1

Tricks to in cab dust.

1.Dont follow others in their dust! Stay 1/4 to 1/2 mile back.

2.Half or no windshield. Need air coming into cab.

3.Back window.

Full windshield with no back window will be the worst. Negative psi behind windshield sucks dust back into cab. 

Ive had trail UTVs for 10 years. I dont like dust, dirt or mud at all. I really should be a boater instead. 

Another trick for in cab heat is to insulate the coolant lines. Motor in back, radiator in front. Coolant lines run down the center. I insulated mine. No cab heat at all from machine. I also insulated the underside of my cup holders. 

I have a 4 seat rzr currently. I find we are using it less and less each year. Probably last one I buy for a while. 

Edited by Legend