Check your account email address ×

Young adults under age 44 make up a big part of coronavirus hospitalizations in the US

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

Yep. It isn't just old and sick people filling up hospital beds. 

A few guys here called BS when I mentioned it earlier this evening. 

20% is more than just a couple. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/19/health/coronavirus-age-victims/index.html

Not much info about him or any underlying health issues but I think this is the youngest one I've heard about. This store where he worked is about 5-7 kms from me.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6739483/coronavirus-real-canadian-superstore-oshawa-employee-dies/

2 minutes ago, irv said:

Not much info about him or any underlying health issues but I think this is the youngest one I've heard about. This store where he worked is about 5-7 kms from me.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6739483/coronavirus-real-canadian-superstore-oshawa-employee-dies/

Yep. This is very dangerous for the old and sick but it can kill just about anyone regardless of how old or healthy they are. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Were you one of the guys who called BS when I mentioned this stat earlier this evening?  

Only that a big age range like that is not conclusive proof that its killing many young healthy people and the article doesn't.

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Only that a big age range like that is not conclusive proof that its killing many young healthy people and the article doesn't.

I didnt say anything about it killing young healthy people. I said young people are being infected and taking up hospital beds. 

You called BS. 

Time to start taking this a little more serious. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

I didnt say anything about it killing young healthy people. I said young people are being infected and taking up hospital beds. 

You called BS. 

I'm not taking it serious?  :lmao:

If you go back I'm simply wanting accurate non static data thats not put together to scare or not show the seriousness properly.   Its all over the place.  20-44 is a huge range.   Only 1 person under 15 has died in the world according to the pc the other day.   1.

Edited by Highmark

21 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

You called BS. 

HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS.jpg

Just now, Highmark said:

HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS.jpg

Exactly like I mentioned earlier today. It is infecting more than just a few young people. More than just a few young people are taking up hospital beds because of the coronavirus. 

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

Exactly like I mentioned earlier today. It is infecting more than just a few young people. More than just a few young people are taking up hospital beds because of the coronavirus. 

I posted the wrong chart.   44 is not young.

C8F61AFF-CB78-4FCD-8F15-19D2E2FC1F20.thumb.png.619e6a8f87d44d7c830d2e5612511a27.png

Edited by Highmark

13 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Are you one of the people here still comparing this to the flu?  

Where do you live?  Are you taking this seriously?

I live in NJ fairly close to the so called epicenter. ..... I'm taking it as seriously as I can. I refuse to shake hands anymore..:lol:...and I do avoid Costco when crowded.

I work as normal and was just asked by someone today why I don't wear gloves and aren't I afraid..... I told them what's the sense of wearing gloves?....I touch and wipe my face and eyes whether I have gloves on or not, in fact the virus probably sticks like a magnet on gloves and makes it worse.

But seriously the stats just don't warrant the Panic that I'm seeing in my day to day travels 

Edited by ViperGTS/Z1

1 minute ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

I live in NJ fairly close to the so called epicenter. ..... I'm taking it as seriously as I can. I refuse to shake hands anymore..:lol:...and I do avoid Costco when crowded.

I work as normal and was just asked by someone today why I don't wear gloves and aren't I afraid..... I told them what's the sense of wearing gloves?....I touch and wipe my face and eyes whether I have gloves on or not, in fact the virus probably sticks like a magnet on gloves and makes it worse.

Stay safe bud. Its super hard not to touch your face and eyes.  :bc: 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

But seriously the stats just don't warrant the Panic that I'm seeing in my day to day travels 

They're saying your shoes may be a worse carrier than hands/gloves.

Edited by XCR1250

5 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Stay safe bud. Its super hard not to touch your face and eyes.  :bc: 

I have become aware of touching my face when and after being in public, heading to the grocery store on the way to work, I'll take advantage of the senior shopping hours of 6:00 to 8:00 am, and I'll wear gloves and a mask in the store.

Safety is all about minimizing risk :thumbsup:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I have become aware of touching my face when and after being in public, heading to the grocery store on the way to work, I'll take advantage of the senior shopping hours of 6:00 to 8:00 am, and I'll wear gloves and a mask in the store.

Safety is all about minimizing risk :thumbsup:

Are you sick? 

1 minute ago, washedupmxer said:

Are you sick? 

Not that I know of, but again I don't know. In any event the N-95 blocks the out take and intake.

We just purchased 500 N-95 masks @ $8.00 each for our employees, were we gouged? Yes of course, but we put safety above all else and are we are looking to purchase another 500-1000 masks.

6 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Not that I know of, but again I don't know. In any event the N-95 blocks the out take and intake.

We just purchased 500 N-95 masks @ $8.00 each for our employees, were we gouged? Yes of course, but we put safety above all else and are we are looking to purchase another 500-1000 masks.

You should be donating those to your local emergency room instead of using them for your work

• Like 2

1 hour ago, washedupmxer said:

You should be donating those to your local emergency room instead of using them for your work

If people weren't originally all panicked out by the media and hoarding all these masks  weeks ago. . there wouldn't be the shortage we are seeing now. for our first responders

2 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

They're saying your shoes may be a worse carrier than hands/gloves.

Definitely sounds plausible... I imagine if someone coughs many of those droplets are hitting the ground And can be easily picked up on your foot.

Just now, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Definitely sounds plausible... I imagine if someone coughs many of those droplets are hitting the ground And can be easily picked up on your foot.

I wonder about standing at a public urinal with all the pee on the floor you see at many places. Is pee a way to transmit the Virus, as it would be on your shoe soles.

1 hour ago, washedupmxer said:

First off we're an essential service and in normal circumstances our PPe consists of hardhat, glasses, facemask, gloves, reinforced boots, etc.

BTW I'm standing in the checkout line and the old codger in front of me starts hacking and doesn't cover until the second round of hacking, safety first :thumbsup: