Check your account email address ×

Covid19 death rate in Florida 0.000001

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, snoughnut said:

Isn't that what I said? When I have my mechanic repair my vehicles he gets the parts from local parts stores. When I do my own repairs, I get the parts from Rock Auto. The internet has changed everything, I am in business also and the last 15 years or so, I get more customers than not who want to buy their shit online and just have me install it. Should I yell at them and call them stupid idiots for not buying stuff from a local schlep like me? When it all first started I tried to battle it and it's hopeless, most people are going to purchase where their dollar goes the furthest. When people call me now and want me to install products they bought on the internet, I don't fight it any more, I just mark my labor up and I don't give them any warranty. I only provide warranty if they buy product from me.

You can't control what a customer wants and I get that. 

2 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Isn't that what I said? When I have my mechanic repair my vehicles he gets the parts from local parts stores. When I do my own repairs, I get the parts from Rock Auto. The internet has changed everything, I am in business also and the last 15 years or so, I get more customers than not who want to buy their shit online and just have me install it. Should I yell at them and call them stupid idiots for not buying stuff from a local schlep like me? When it all first started I tried to battle it and it's hopeless, most people are going to purchase where their dollar goes the furthest. When people call me now and want me to install products they bought on the internet, I don't fight it any more, I just mark my labor up and I don't give them any warranty. I only provide warranty if they buy product from me.

Thats exactly how you should do it. 

7 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Sorry you're broke and can't afford anything nice. It's not my fault you made poor choices in life and wasted your time in college to paint houses.  Must not be that good if you are barely making it like you are.  Because I know painters who have all kinds of new toys, nice trucks, houses , cars for their wives. Vacation places in Florida and up N. 

Of course you do Jay..more bullshit but that's OK and I'm doing just fine and I'll continue to support my local community while you fuck yours and run reputable shops down on the internet...what a swell guy you are 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

And you are not the one buying local to help your own community. 

I buy from King Auto when he has what I want. When he tells me he can't get OEM parts for me for less than what the stealership charges, and tells me to get them from Rock Auto, that's what I'll continue to do. He's still getting my business on turning and other things I can get from him. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Of course you do Jay...more bullshit but that's OK and I'm doing just fine and I'll continue to support my local community while you fuck yours and run reputable shops down on the internet. 

I figured Jay as just the opposite as he is portraying himself today. 

9 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I can very easily go get financed for a truck...can I pay cash...nope. But again why would I waste my money when my paid for Chevy does everything I need it to? I also bought a used Lincoln MKX because again I don't need a 50,000 vehicle to drive to the grocery store. 

You called Jay a cheap cunt, so I guess that means you're smart for spending your dollars wisely? :lmao:

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

You can't control what a customer wants and I get that. 

Really? It sure seems to me that you're trying to tell Jay how to spend his money.

2 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

I buy from King Auto when he has what I want. When he tells me he can't get OEM parts for me for less than what the stealership charges, and tells me to get them from Rock Auto, that's what I'll continue to do. He's still getting my business on turning and other things I can get from him. 

:bc:  

Of course you do Jay...more bullshit but that's OK

and I'm doing just fine and I'll continue to support my local community while you fuck yours and run reputable shops down on the internet. 

Yea, because I don't know anyone who paints :lmao: Suuuuuuuuuure :lol:

I'll continue not to buy from box store parts stores and support the local one I have been for 20+ years.  Who am I running down on the internet? 

2 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

You called Jay a cheap cunt, so I guess that means you're smart for spending your dollars wisely? :lmao:

Really? It sure seems to me that you're trying to tell Jay how to spend his money.

WTF are you talking about...if a customer buys parts and wants you to install them how is that the same as Jay buying parts online and not supporting local parts stores? 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

I figured Jay as just the opposite as he is portraying himself today. 

Like I said, people who have money are smart with it when they want to be.

Just now, snoughnut said:

That's called MAJOR irony and hipocracy :lol: :lmao:   Typical Lib for ya :thumbsup:

WTF are you talking about...if a customer buys parts and wants you to install them howmis that the same as Jay buying parts online and not supporting local parts stores? 

Apparently reading isn't one of your strong suits, along with painting 

4 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Yea, because I don't know anyone who paints :lmao: Suuuuuuuuuure :lol:

I'll continue not to buy from box store parts stores and support the local one I have been for 20+ years.  Who am I running down on the internet? 

Plenty of painters around here as well and they don't live  the way you described but WGAF...it's your story.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

1 minute ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Like I said, people who have money are smart with it when they want to be.

That's called MAJOR irony and hipocracy :lol: :lmao:   Typical Lib for ya :thumbsup:

You're a UAW member calling someone else a lib...yah..OK.

Plenty of painters around here as well and they don't love like the way you described but WGAF...it's your story.

There more competition down here , but still the good ones are making a killing.  Maybe it's time for you move 

You're a UAW member calling someone else a lib...yah..OK.

:lol: I'm far from a Lib   I pay my unions dues monthly and that's about it.  I think I've been to 2 meeting in 21+ years.   But yea, you go with that :lmao:

You're really reaching now Jim

IMG_5256.JPG.48d8fc895c1f5f8bfdde0637ea716491.JPG

Yeah I'm reaching....funny from the guy that calls  anybody that disagrees with him a lib right before he threatens to beat them up. :lol:

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

WTF are you talking about...if a customer buys parts and wants you to install them how is that the same as Jay buying parts online and not supporting local parts stores? 

Did you even read the posts I quoted? Go back and read them again, good lord. :lmao:

55 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

I know , I was there on and off from January of '92 til March of '96 

I always tell people to do a 10 day minimum trip. You have to do at least 10 days to make it worth it. 

The wife and I are going there for our 25th in 4.5 years.

IDGAF what he's doing.  It's saving ME money. 

And like I said, I'm still paying taxes and keeping the FedEx guy working too

What islands? 

Maui and Oahu. More time on Maui 

1 minute ago, jtssrx said:

Maui and Oahu. More time on Maui 

Have anything planned? I can tell you some must sees 

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

Both great islands and the best for first timers to Hawaii. Plenty to do and see on both of those islands. 

To truly see Hawaii, you need to go to Maui, Kauai and Molakai.  Oahu and The Big Island are very touristy 

Just now, SVT MXZ XRS said:

To truly see Hawaii, you need to go to Maui, Kauai and Molakai.  Oahu and The Big Island are very touristy 

Yes but Oahu and Maui are perfect for the first trip. 

1 minute ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Activity Travelers Price in USD
  Arizona MemorialUSS Missouri ALL  
  Old Lahaina Luau 3  
  Old Lahaina Luau 1,2,4  
  Molokini SnorkelCruise 3  

Molokini SnorkelCruise