Check your account email address ×

Trump, during Fox News coronavirus townhall, calls for re-opening economy by Easter: ‘We have to get back to work

1 hour ago, Redheaded Stepchild said:

Too soon?

I think so.

I agree.

Let's say this get worse between now and then, then what what happens when hopes are cratered come Easter?

Trump's problem with this virus since the beginning is that all his moves or lack of moves have been predicated with an eye on the election, it's not the way something like this should be handled, but hey as a stable genius he knows best.

Trump has no control over what the states decide about opening or closing businesses. He’s basically a talking head on this. About the only thing he can do is open the US border. This will be decided on a state by state basis. I doubt NY will be ready to open come Easter. 

2 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I agree.

Let's say this get worse between now and then, then what what happens when hopes are cratered come Easter?

Trump's problem with this virus since the beginning is that all his moves or lack of moves have been predicated with an eye on the election, it's not the way something like this should be handled, but hey as a stable genius he knows best.

What about his early move that he was called a racist for?