Check your account email address ×

the news from maine

Just now, Dieselgeek said:

All of the refineries/fuel terminals have drivers using porta potties. Which spread the virus far quicker/easier than a regular bathroom! I'm glad to be off on medical and not deal with the trucking issues currently. We are running 4 10's right now, no work. Usually run 4 or 5 12's. I feel bad for the guys running OTR, then again, I always do!

all the rest areas on 81 through PA last week had the restrooms closed and portolets open  Made me SMH

On 3/23/2020 at 9:07 AM, ckf said:

It's just the typical local vs flatlander battle that has been going on for years. Ive always said that a flatlander is an attitude,  not where you are from :bc:

We just want to retrieve our sleds and gear from camp before the end of the month.  The trailer is frozen in place with a big pile of snow all over it.  :bc:  I'm from southern flatlands and am conscious of that flatlander stereotype when I go into JPS with "needs".  I can't even tell you how good he treats me in there.  That's why I buy my sleds there too.  He treats this flatlander awesome.  But I'm not a flat brim hat wearing, lifted Superduty with a sled deck bro with a monster wrap on my sled kinda guy:bc: 

4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

We just want to retrieve our sleds and gear from camp before the end of the month.  The trailer is frozen in place with a big pile of snow all over it.  :bc:  I'm from southern flatlands and am conscious of that flatlander stereotype when I go into JPS with "needs".  I can't even tell you how good he treats me in there.  That's why I buy my sleds there too.  He treats this flatlander awesome.  But I'm not a flat brim hat wearing, lifted Superduty with a sled deck bro with a monster wrap on my sled kinda guy:bc: 

i stopped in see him when i was looking for a new sxs. he made the comment that he could see i was not one of those from away. his price was ok i paid quite a bit less elsewhere. when the gov was on the news tonite she said there were  complaints of people from south of here coming to escape the virus. and they would try to slow it. i have seen a lot of campers headed north on 95 in the last few days. you may want to steal a couple maine plates to put on when you cross the bridge  

39 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I'm not calling anyone out. Like I said, it has nothing to do with where one is from. I know a lot of guys from "the flatlands" that are great guys. There are others that have the attitude that gets them labeled a flatlander :bc:

1 hour ago, snowstorm said:

i stopped in see him when i was looking for a new sxs. he made the comment that he could see i was not one of those from away. his price was ok i paid quite a bit less elsewhere. when the gov was on the news tonite she said there were  complaints of people from south of here coming to escape the virus. and they would try to slow it. i have seen a lot of campers headed north on 95 in the last few days. you may want to steal a couple maine plates to put on when you cross the bridge  

I'll just stay at our camp, my inlaws of 15 or so cousins, aunts and uncles I have scattered all over the state  :lol:  :bc:  

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

when you roll in doing 25 over in your 7 series Beemer with CT plates? :lol: 

Only thing missing is Al Czerviks' horn :lol: 

1 minute ago, frenchy said:

when you roll in doing 25 over in your 7 series Beemer with CT plates? :lol: 

Only thing missing is Al Czerviks' horn :lol: 

well exactly.  that's why its nice to know and be friendly with so many people in town.  I take plenty of shit about the car, but I've yet to find a faster more comfortable way to make the push north for 370 miles.  :lol: :bc: 

• Like 2