Check your account email address ×

Another bath of blood tomorrow?

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

True and I wasn't one of those either.  Like many, I’ve been anticipating a correction for months and positioned myself accordingly.  I have never been excited or giddy about other peoples misery though like Ben, Spin and noggin.  

not saying you were but it was the prevailing narrative in these parts. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, frenchy said:

hey, all the trump ball lappers here claimed everything was great when the market was flying high off of nothing other than tax cuts and deficit spending and laughed at the notion that a more measured approach would be better. I think they had an acronym for it. TDS maybe? 

The vast majority of this hit in the market was due to the virus and oil war between Russia and SA.   This is far beyond a correction because of overvalued stocks with UE and consumer spending still extremely strong. 

Edited by Highmark

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

The vast majority of this hit in the market was due to the virus and oil war between Russia and SA. 

yep, and? 

That is why you don't run trillion dollar + deficits in a strong economic expansionary period, force the fed to bottom out rates, and introduce tax cuts that you can't afford so you can brag about an artificially inflated market being all your doing. Duh. 

Edited by frenchy
  • Like 3

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

Just unreal isn't it?  

Self awareness isn't his thing.   From his bigoted language to his constant bashing of a sled model to loving it shortly there after. 

2 minutes ago, frenchy said:

yep, and? 

That is why you don't run trillion dollar + deficits in a strong economic expansionary period and introduce tax cuts that you can't afford so you can brag about an artificially inflated market being all your doing. Duh. 

:lol:   So what impact did deficits have on the .com crash?   Please give us your insight oh amazing Kreskin.  

We ran massive deficits all thru the expansion period under Obama.  

I'm not saying or defending deficits but your connection of them to the market isn't necessarily correct. 

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Highmark said:

:lol:   So what impact did deficits have on the .com crash?   Please give us your insight oh amazing Kreskin.  

there's never been this level of deficit spending outside of a recession or wartime situation. Ever. Not even close. 

Sorry that simple fact continues to elude you. 

Just now, frenchy said:

there's never been this level of deficit spending outside of a recession or wartime situation. Ever. Not even close. 

Really?  :lol:   Might want to look at 2010 to 2016.  

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I'm not saying or defending deficits but your connection of them to the market isn't necessarily correct. 

I'm not connecting them to this market crash I'm saying they severely limit the government's ability to combat a downturn. 

Just now, frenchy said:

I'm not connecting them to this market crash I'm saying they severely limit the government's ability to combat a downturn. 

Interest rates yes.   QE and other measures I disagree.  We had almost 3 full years of QT from 2016-2018.  

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Really?  :lol:   Might want to look at 2010 to 2016.  

High in 2009-12 and then going down sharply. Then goes up again when Trump takes the reigns, pretty clear. 

V5CMSFET5JFSRHRVFJ36BAGTII.jpg

10 minutes ago, frenchy said:

It would mean being critical of Trump....ain’t going to happen. 

3 minutes ago, frenchy said:

2010-2012 spending were directly attributable to the financial crisis.

usgs_chartDp01f.png

2 minutes ago, SSFB said:

High in 2009-12 and then going down sharply. Then goes up again when Trump takes the reigns, pretty clear. 

V5CMSFET5JFSRHRVFJ36BAGTII.jpg

And where were they in the crash of 2008?

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

It would mean being critical of Trump....ain’t going to happen. 

Been critical of Trump on spending all the time in here.   Remember who controlled the budget starting in 2018.  

Edited by Highmark

7 minutes ago, Highmark said:

And where were they in the crash of 2008?

$1.4 Trillion, during the 2nd worst economic crash on record.

Meanwhile, right now we are running $1 Trillion deficits during bigly tremendous economic times.

Not sure what you don't get. 

Just now, SSFB said:

Meanwhile, right now we are running $1 Trillion deficits during bigly tremendous economic times.

He doesn't want to get it, clearly.

4 minutes ago, SSFB said:

The deficits didn't jump until after the crash.  FY 2008 budget ending sept 30 2008.   Your 1.4 trillion budget deficit is FY 2009. 

Edited by Highmark