Check your account email address ×

2010 Z1T sno pro or 2011 GSX 1200 LE

55 minutes ago, GreenStreak said:

That's right and they aren't that complex either fucking cake to work on

the 08 /09 are deff a bigger pita to take apart and put back together than the 04 to 07 and 08 to 10 .

the best were deff 04 to 07 .

the 08 to 10 were good after new bearing .

I yanked the rev one out of my m1000 after it blew up with 600mi on it put in a bdx lite and converted ecu by swapping around 2 wires  and helix to motor reverse.

best part about the bdx unit was the dip stick 

41 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

the 08 /09 are deff a bigger pita to take apart and put back together than the 04 to 07 and 08 to 10 .

the best were deff 04 to 07 .

the 08 to 10 were good after new bearing .

I yanked the rev one out of my m1000 after it blew up with 600mi on it put in a bdx lite and converted ecu by swapping around 2 wires  and helix to motor reverse.

best part about the bdx unit was the dip stick 

The z1t get the mechanical reverse in all years. They seem to hold up better in the 09+ years though for some reason

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The z1t get the mechanical reverse in all years. They seem to hold up better in the 09+ years though for some reason

think they still were using in the barny fan till just last yr 

10 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

only fucked up thing with that cat is the over complex reverse Dimond drive rest is pretty solid.  and even the rev dimond drive is decent if maintained 

I have a barney with over 60k kms on the clock. DD has original bearings. Flawless rock solid design.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ManOnManOral said:

I have a barney with over 60k kms on the clock. DD has original bearings. Flawless rock solid design.

The 07-08 2 strokes ate that brass bushing in the planetary up all the time. The 4 strikes didn’t seem to do it for some reason

Just now, f7ben said:

The 07-08 2 strokes ate that brass bushing in the planetary up all the time. The 4 strikes didn’t seem to do it for some reason

I suspect poor maintenance.  I use full syn atf as called for by those that engineered it and change fluid every 2000kms, remove and break open to clean and inspect each year. I think this has enabled it to remain all original and keep going. 

Just now, ManOnManOral said:

I suspect poor maintenance.  I use full sun at as called for by those that engineered it and change fluid every 2000kms, remove and break open to clean and inspect each year. I think this has enabled it to remain all original and keep going. 

I’ve seen tons of them fail in m sleds and crossfires. Never seen one fail in a 4 stroke barney

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

There have been quite a few versions and different case patterns since 04

One thing for sure, the dd in the 2010 z1 is solid, but it may be a belt eaterbut the 11200 may puke oil, or both could be rock solid. I may get the same sled u have now, just saw one for sale real cheap. Those Barneys sell for next to nothing. It would be fun lake sled just tune it up to 400hp and run till she blows. Those engines can also be found cheap.

16 minutes ago, ManOnManOral said:

One thing for sure, the dd in the 2010 z1 is solid, but it may be a belt eaterbut the 11200 may puke oil, or both could be rock solid. I may get the same sled u have now, just saw one for sale real cheap. Those Barneys sell for next to nothing. It would be fun lake sled just tune it up to 400hp and run till she blows. Those engines can also be found cheap.

400hp takes some doing. 300 is easy