Check your account email address ×

Over 3000 new corona cases per day.

10:45 am: WHO says new cases surged in last 24 hours

There were more than 3,100 new cases confirmed in China over the last 24 hours, bringing the total to 24,363 in China and 490 deaths as of 6 a.m. Geneva time, World Health Organization officials said. "In the last 24 hours we had the most cases in a single day since the outbreak started," WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said at a press conference. Just 191 of the total cases are outside mainland China and 80% of those cases are concentrated in the Hubei province where the virus was first detected in the city of Wuhan, he said. Of the cases outside of China, 31 of them spread through human-to-human contact, mostly from close friends or relatives who had recently been to China, he said.

Just now, spin_dry said:

The seasonal flu has been well established for decades. It knows how to attack and infect the host. This one is still learning 

Well it needs to learn faster. 

15 minutes ago, Anler said:

Well it needs to learn faster. 

Given the rate of acceleration, it’s doing well. A successful virus isn’t in the business of killing a host quickly because a dead host quickly becomes non contagious. It needs to keep em alive for awhile to spread it around. That programming is in the dna of every successful virus. Look how long momo has been around. 

Edited by spin_dry
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Given the rate of acceleration, it’s doing well. A successful virus isn’t in the business of killing a host quickly because a dead host quickly becomes non contagious. It needs to keep em alive for awhile to spread it around. That programming is in the dna of every successful virus. Look how long momo has been around. 

A momo virus would be apocolyptic!

35 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

That’s the same way white democrats feel about nigger votes 

11 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Just booked another cruise.  I'm gonna face this pesky coronavirus head on.  Should be fun.  

Thats right! Dont let that virus turn you into a bitch, the virus is your bitch! 

Just now, spin_dry said:

You like people. That’s the difference. 

I do.  I like meeting new people and being around people from all walks of life.  I go out of my way to engage and help people I do not know.  Happens every day.  

3 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

I do.  I like meeting new people and being around people from all walks of life.  I go out of my way to engage and help people I do not know.  Happens every day.  

See, a cruise ship is perfect for your personality.