Check your account email address ×

Trump Removes Pollution Controls on Streams and Wetlands

1 hour ago, washedupmxer said:

But wernt a huge amount of farmers hurt be these rules? Especially when it comes to small streams and seasonal small streams? Can't states laws and rules handle it? 

Of course they did, because the idea of stewardship has left the farming community. Now it's plant every square inch of soil, waterways, shelter belts, ect. be damned.

Neal

2 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Of course they did, because the idea of stewardship has left the farming community. Now it's plant every square inch of soil, waterways, shelter belts, ect. be damned.

Neal

I'd blame trump for lack of ethics in farming

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

No one agitated by this article cares to understand what is really going on with the new WOTUS rules.  They are just triggered by an article with no real factual information.  That is why you have NO ONE that says it's "bad" can summarize it.

I responded, apparently you don't care to be engaged and are just using this as a TBJ.

Neal

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Neal

Good post and apparently most here have forgotten what happened  when industry was left to their own devices concerning  the environment ...It’s why the EPA was created in the first place. 

8 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Neal

LOL.  So they don't have to follow guidelines and laws?

BTW, every big farmer I know at one time was a little farmer.

Edited by racer254

2 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

It's not an all or none switch that was flipped.

You could understand better if you read the article...

Neal

The article wants you to believe that it was all or none and many here seem to think that.  That's why I wanted someone on here who was for the 2015 WOTUS rules to summarize.  You were the only one that even wanted to have a conversation about it.  I commend you for that.

Edited by racer254

1 minute ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

I don't know but a minute handful of little farmers.

It isn't like it used to be, it's so corporatized

Neal

I agree, unfortunately these regulations are sometimes used as a crutch to stop progress as well.  And when a ditch that held water 20 years ago is considered a waterway, it's bullshit.