Check your account email address ×

EPA dropped salmon protection after Trump met with Alaska governor

This project has been stalled for decades and it has nothing to do with the Obama EPA. 

The potential developers of the Pebble Mine have never demonstrated their ability to extract the resource without polluting the watershed. They have never presented a plan of development that describes how they will manage the toxic waste.

This is a copper, zinc, gold mine with dozens of other valuable minerals all in the same zones.  This mine is hundreds of miles from the closest paved road. The toxic waste is very difficult to manage hence the reason that no viable waste management plan has ever been presented for review. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

This was yet another good move on the part of the Trump administration.

Talking out of ass opinion.

4 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

This project has been stalled for decades and it has nothing to do with the Obama EPA. 

The potential developers of the Pebble Mine have never demonstrated their ability to extract the resource without polluting the watershed. They have never presented a plan of development that describes how they will manage the toxic waste.

This is a copper, zinc, gold mine with dozens of other valuable minerals all in the same zones.  This mine is hundreds of miles from the closest paved road. The toxic waste is very difficult to manage hence the reason that no viable waste management plan has ever been presented for review. 

Informed opinion. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Oh, I’m sorry, I was just matching Spinners opinion.  Your opinions are similar....or you just latch on to somebody else said and claim it’s yours anyway.

vvvvv

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Informed opinion. 

18 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

You guys have a super valuable food resourse up there, I just don't understand why we have to risk that for some minerals that are not a necessity.

Fuck the environment, fuck the future.

5 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

You guys have a super valuable food resourse up there, I just don't understand why we have to risk that for some minerals that are not a necessity.

Fuck the environment, fuck the future.

That watershed is the most prolific Sockeye Salmon run in the world. The waters are pristine. I would guess that most Alaskans don't want it developed.  

27 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Oh, I’m sorry, I was just matching Spinners opinion.  Your opinions are similar....or you just latch on to somebody else said and claim it’s yours anyway.

vvvvv

I simply said Toms opinion was informed especially considering he lives in Alaska. Your opinion was just based on being a Trump sycophant. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I simply said Toms opinion was informed especially considering he lives in Alaska. Your opinion was just based on being a Trump sycophant. 

No, that’s not what you did and you know it.  It’s also not what I did....but you don’t know that.

40 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Informed opinion. 

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

No, that’s not what you did and you know it.  It’s also not what I did....but you don’t know that.

It’s exactly what I did you cement head. 

51 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Thanks for the real incite. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I watch GOLD RUSH fanatically, but I always wonder if those fukkin' pigs are polluting a nice grayling or trout stream. 

Parker Schnabel and those other assholes are not worth the destruction of a wilderness area. Fuck them losers.  

2 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

I recall you writing about this before. I’m surprised that the fishing industry isn’t concerned about this. Or for that matter the tourism industry. This is more like a story we’d hear coming from China.