Check your account email address ×

Deep State Bullshit

There isn’t a shallow or deep state -  but there is a state in so much there is a government with agencies and departments.  All this talk of a so called deep state is just right wing loon talk trying to play off the nefariousness of the deep web and convince their cult members that there’s a vast conspiracy out to take out their dear leader even though he’s done nothing wrong.  The people at all these agencies are hard working fellow Americans doing the unglorified work that we all take for granted.  They aren’t shadow monsters out to unjustly remove your duly elected lord.

There is a good book I just finished that I recommend for Trumpsters or really any fringe fellow who loves invoking the deep state mantra - it’s called The Fifth Risk by Michael Lewis.  

B91D49F9-2DEF-4358-911D-926E79B60B63.jpeg

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

You really are an idiot

:groin: Pretty much the same in the surrounding suburbs.   Fed govt is the largest employer by far.   

Washington DC Voting 2016
Donald Trump received 12,723 votes or 4.1% of the vote, which is the lowest share of the popular vote received by any Republican candidate since voters in the District of Columbia were granted the right to vote in presidential elections
Edited by Highmark

16 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Are you fucking kidding me?  Yes, a book selling the fact that there is absolutely nothing nefarious ever going on in Washington DC, just some hard working good folk.  FFS you can't be this naive.

They are doing thankless  boring jobs behind the scenes that are necessary to keep this country running.  Yet you demonize them without any evidence of a grand cabal.   

1 minute ago, XC.Morrison said:

They are doing thankless  boring jobs behind the scenes that are necessary to keep this country running.  Yet you demonize them without any evidence of a grand cabal.   

Forgive Racer....he is a member of this state....

6FD67800-8965-4184-87C5-D40B28F6EAC1.png.be56dc53a635164e918aac874a8ac1cc.png

Just now, XC.Morrison said:

Ah yes, thankless boring jobs that somehow get them into the politics of DC.  Anyone can get in to doing those jobs.  Anyone!!!  For fucks sake, if they were regular jobs with no benefit over jobs in normalville, USA then they wouldn't be constant trials of corruption and ethics violations.

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

Ah yes, thankless boring jobs that somehow get them into the politics of DC.  Anyone can get in to doing those jobs.  Anyone!!!  For fucks sake, if they were regular jobs with no benefit over jobs in normalville, USA then they wouldn't be constant trials of corruption and ethics violations.

I know that’s what you think.  I’m just trying to help you broaden your perspective a little so you can shed some cognitive dissonance.  In order for that to happen though, you’d have to allow new information in that is contrary to your comfortable old thoughts.  Accepting that challenge is entirely your choice.  

4 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

I know that’s what you think.  I’m just trying to help you broaden your perspective a little so you can shed some cognitive dissonance.  In order for that to happen though, you’d have to allow new information in that is contrary to your comfortable old thoughts.  Accepting that challenge is entirely your choice.  

I have witnessed to many politicians get rich.  Too many politicians die, and a relative take over.  To many comptrollers, city workers etc get rich off taxpayers to believe what you are pushing. 

3 minutes ago, racer254 said:

I have witnessed to many politicians get rich.  Too many politicians die, and a relative take over.  To many comptrollers, city workers etc get rich off taxpayers to believe what you are pushing. 

Nobody is denying elected officials can and do take advantage of their positions.  That’s not what we’re or this book talks about.  This is about the unelected wage slaves who could be making far more money in the private sector.  

8 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

Nobody is denying elected officials can and do take advantage of their positions.  That’s not what we’re or this book talks about.  This is about the unelected wage slaves who could be making far more money in the private sector.  

You will not change his mind....he has seen waaaaaayyyyyyy too many things!!!!!!

9 minutes ago, f7ben said:

You'd have to be a complete fucking moron not to think there are segments of our government that have vast power and zero oversight.

Yep. I’m sure 95%+ of the bureaucratic government are just people doing their jobs without doing anything wrong. Nobody ever once said they were. 

It’s a select few. The OP article oozes complete and total bullshit trying to discredit those trying to expose their game on the backs of those not involved. Major fail.  

Edited by bussman

2 minutes ago, bussman said:

Yep. I’m sure 95%+ of the bureaucratic government are just people doing their jobs without doing anything wrong. Nobody ever once said they were. 

It’s a select few. The OP article oozes complete and total bullshit trying to discredit those trying to expose their game on the backs of those not involved. Major fail.  

Huge fail

9 minutes ago, f7ben said:

You'd have to be a complete fucking moron not to think there are segments of our government that have vast power and zero oversight.

It’s called the executive branch :) j/k I know what you’re really on about.  As far as them “having a handle on things” I gotta say I’m less than impressed with their capabilities.  

14 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

It’s called the executive branch :) j/k I know what you’re really on about.  As far as them “having a handle on things” I gotta say I’m less than impressed with their capabilities.  

I think you'd be surprised....as would i

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I think you'd be surprised....as would i

On one hand I totally agree they could use more oversight but then I think about who would be doing the oversight.  Congress? Trump?  I can’t say I totally trust those entities to A. Not steer their actions in accordance with their political whims and B. Leak so carelessly that they’re unable to accomplish any intelligence work.  I dunno.  

Edited by XC.Morrison

2 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

On one hand I totally agree they could use more oversight but then I think about who would be doing the oversight.  Congress? Trump?  I can’t say I totally trust those entities to A. Not steer their actions in accordance with their political whims and B. Leak so carelessly that they’re unable to accomplish any intelligence work.  I dunno.  

Neuter their power to spy on everyone. Cut their cash flow off completely.