Check your account email address ×

President Trump has made 12,019 false or misleading claims over 928 days

8 minutes ago, Highmark said:

So clever.   :lol:  

It bothers you so much because you know Canada is our bitch.  :lol:  

I like the concept of enjoying presidential lies because it pisses off people. You must really miss Dubya. When he lied about wmd’s and all those parents were pissed off about their dead kids......  That must have been like Christmas every day. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, revkevsdi said:

I like the concept of enjoying presidential lies because it pisses off people. You must really miss Dubya. When he lied about wmd’s and all those parents were pissed off about their dead kids......  That must have been like Christmas every day. 

:lol:   I've posted that Iraq was a mistake over and over again.   Try again Fredo.     

13 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Source: Washington Post 

By Glenn Kessler, Salvador Rizzo and Meg Kelly August 12 at 3:00 AM 

President Trump’s proclivity for spouting exaggerated numbers, unwarranted boasts and outright falsehoods has continued at a remarkable pace. As of Aug. 5, his 928th day in office, he had made 12,019 false or misleading claims, according to the Fact Checker’s database that analyzes, categorizes and tracks every suspect statement the president has uttered. 

Trump crossed the 10,000 mark on April 26, and he has been averaging about 20 fishy claims a day since then. From the start of his presidency, he has averaged about 13 such claims a day. 

About one-fifth of these claims are about immigration, his signature issue — a percentage that has grown since the government shut down over funding for his promised wall along the U.S.-Mexico border. In fact, his most repeated claim — 190 times — is that his border wall is being built. Congress balked at funding the concrete barrier he envisioned, so he has tried to pitch bollard fencing and repairs of existing barriers as “a wall.” 

False or misleading claims about trade, the economy and the investigation of Russian interference in the 2016 presidential campaign each account for about 10 percent of the total. Claims on those subjects are also among his most repeated. 

-snip- 

Read more: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/08/12/president-trump-has-made-false-or-misleading-claims-over-days/

:lies:

:lol: Hard hitting journalism there.  

"20 fishy claims a day since then"

Edited by Highmark

29 minutes ago, Highmark said:

:lol:   I've posted that Iraq was a mistake over and over again.   Try again Fredo.     

Not before I bet. Besides, it doesn’t matter the cost, it drove Dems crazy. You must have loved it. 

On the same token Clinton was great for Dems with the same mind set. More soldiers dying in motor vehicle accidents than combat, stock market soaring, lots of jobs, wage growth...... but he got his knob polished by an intern and it drove the Republicunts crazy. 

32 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Go Gore!  :lol:   What a fucking dope.

Just imagine 8 years of Gore instead of Bush. Two less wars, the money spent on that could have been spent on clean tech. It would have been like the industrial revolution but with clean tech. All those jobs coming back because it would have been cheaper to build here. You know Gore would have put tarrifs on China and their dirty coal manufacturing. 

But I know, you hate gore because one of your conspiracy sites said he claimed to invent the internet. You’ve proven time an again that honesty is important to you. :lmao:

Just now, revkevsdi said:

Not before I bet. Besides, it doesn’t matter the cost, it drove Dems crazy. You must have loved it. 

On the same token Clinton was great for Dems with the same mind set. More soldiers dying in motor vehicle accidents than combat, stock market soaring, lots of jobs, wage growth...... but he got his knob polished by an intern and it drove the Republicunts crazy. 

Clinton occasionally listened to the GOP held congress who actually were somewhat fiscally conservative then.

Smartest thing Clinton did was massively cut CG taxes.  

13 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

That is really easy to do. You hated Obama for being so dishonest.  Guess which is Obama and which is Trump.

The PolitiFact scorecard

7 minutes ago, Highmark said:

:lol: Hard hitting journalism there.  

"20 fishy claims a day since then"

It appears that math isn’t the best subject with Trumpsters. So I’ll give you some perspective. 

1% of the time Obama said something it was a lie. No way to defend it, he flat out lied. That’s kind of shitty. 

But 15% of the Time Trump is flat out lying.   You are 15 times more likely to hear a complete full on lie from Trump than Obama. 

12% of the things Obama said were false. That’s also not good. What decent person lies 13 percent of the time?

with trump it’s 35. Almost 3 times the chance of a false statement. 50% of the times he is lying to you. That’s pathological. 

Obama mostly false. 12%. 

Trump. 21%. 

Mostly false is probably the misleading statement. These are also not great. You wouldn’t enter into a contract with someone who lied as much as either. 

Obama is a 25% total false statements Trump 71%.   

As for The Truth. Trump only tells the truth, the whole truth blah blah blah 5% of the time. 

obama 20%. So as much as Obama is a liar., you are 4 times more likely to hear the whole truth from him. 

But you keep believing Trump tells is like it is. I find it very entertaining. 

15 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Clinton occasionally listened to the GOP held congress who actually were somewhat fiscally conservative then.

Smartest thing Clinton did was massively cut CG taxes.  

He also bombed the Iraq weapons sites to keep Merca safe. Well temporarily. 

1 minute ago, revkevsdi said:

It appears that math isn’t the best subject with Trumpsters. So I’ll give you some perspective. 

1% of the time Obama said something it was a lie. No way to defend it, he flat out lied. That’s kind of shitty. 

But 15% of the Time Trump is flat out lying.   You are 15 times more likely to hear a complete full on lie from Trump than Obama. 

12% of the things Obama said were false. That’s also not good. What decent person lies 13 percent of the time?

with trump it’s 35. Almost 3 times the chance of a false statement. 50% of the times he is lying to you. That’s pathological. 

Obama mostly false. 12%. 

Trump. 21%. 

Mostly false is probably the misleading statement. These are also not great. You wouldn’t enter into a contract with someone who lied as much as either. 

Obama is a 25% total false statements Trump 71%.   

As for The Truth. Trump only tells the truth, the whole truth blah blah blah 5% of the time. 

obama 20%. So as much as Obama is a liar., you are 4 times more likely to hear the whole truth from him. 

But you keep believing Trump tells is like it is. I find it very entertaining. 

I find it amusing you took that much time to write that post about an American President and a liberal news outlets assumptions on true or misleading claims.   :lol:  

8 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

He also bombed the Iraq weapons sites to keep Merca safe. Well temporarily. 

:lol:

Edited by Highmark

8 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I find it amusing you took that much time to write that post about an American President and a liberal news outlets assumptions on true or misleading claims.   :lol:  

I find it interesting  that you were the first one I saw use media bias fact check as a way to justify a news source. 

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/politifact/

least biased, high factual reporting

Perhaps you only believe sources when they agree with you.