Check your account email address ×

If Trumps a racist he sucks at it

2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

So you worked on those 765kv lines????

The line was property of AEP. My responsibility started at the 4 main 765/34.5 transformers and all associated downstream bus , switches , breakers etc etc

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The line was property of AEP. My responsibility started at the 4 main 765/34.5 transformers and all associated downstream bus , switches , breakers etc etc

So 34.5kv....  AEP’s 765kv will easily handle 3000+ MW’s...  you guys tapped off the 765 that ran thru cause they are not going to waste that amount of line for just a peak of 500 MW....  you sure it was 765 on the high side????   765 to 34.5 transformer doesn’t really sound efficient.....

2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

So 34.5kv....  AEP’s 765kv will easily handle 3000+ MW’s...  you guys tapped off the 765 that ran thru cause they are not going to waste that amount of line for just a peak of 500 MW....  you sure it was 765 on the high side????   765 to 34.5 transformer doesn’t really sound efficient.....

It was a dedicated line .....no other customers. It was 765kv lol....I worked there for 4 years. The line ran from a sub in FT Wayne so approx 30 miles of 765 for us 

Edited by f7ben

I'm guessing the power spikes were much higher when the plant was constructed prior to the commissioning of the SVC systems. That could have impacted the design of the transmission portion of the mill

Also if you actually wanna measure dicks I've worked on gear with an available incident energy exceeding 98 cals/cm² ......there is no PPE or safe job procedure to protect you from that type of heat and blast. Everyone dies in the room if you fuck that up.

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Also if you actually wanna measure dicks I've worked on gear with an available incident energy exceeding 98 cals/cm² ......there is no PPE or safe job procedure to protect you from that type of heat and blast. Everyone dies in the room if you fuck that up.

Do you understand that I work on the transmission system

4 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Do you understand that I work on the transmission system

Yes....which has very little available fault current out on the line. Do you know what impedance is? :lol: fucking pole monkeys

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

You have a good gig...If I were to do it over again I would have stayed in Detroit back in 91 and joined  the IBEW Apprentice Program. 

I just really hated living down there.

Sorry....got a little carried away with Grabs there. 

I love being an electrician. It's pretty rewarding and the pay is mostly good. What's really awesome is just how amazingly diverse of a field it is and how rapidly it changes. It seems like not long ago I was still a carpenter in my own mind. It's been 10 years of electrical work for me now.

If my kid decided she wanted to be an electrician I would be supportive and proud. 

• Like 1

• Gold Member
14 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

fucking guys trying to show whose got the biggest cock,  SMH

It's me I replaced a couple light bubs today and have hooked up some switches and outlets in my  house and it didn't burn down

Congrats....  you just performed the job of a Master Electrician!!!!

Poor grabs10dicks whole job can be boiled down to good touch bad touch. Probably never even had a 40cal arc flash suit on because he doesnt work anywhere with 40 cals worth of incident energy :lol:

• Gold Member

Only reason you dress up like a power ranger while going into a cabinet is cause your profession fucks up a lot because it is filled with a bunch of color blind retards or just fat fucks in general with no hand eye coordination....  ooooh scary putting on arc flash gear!!!!!

6 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Only reason you dress up like a power ranger while going into a cabinet is cause your profession fucks up a lot because it is filled with a bunch of color blind retards or just fat fucks in general with no hand eye coordination....  ooooh scary putting on arc flash gear!!!!!

No....its because equipment fails and when 40,000 amps blows up in your face you die 

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

No....its because equipment fails and when 40,000 amps blows up in your face you die 

Equipment rarely fails....  it human fuck ups that causes most arc flash incidents....