Check your account email address ×

Medicare for all debunked

• Platinum Contributing Member
28 minutes ago, Anler said:

They always have money for war, seems we shouldn't be so eager to engage in warfare if we aren't going to care for our veterans. 

Medicare is paid for by individuals their entire working life. I am surprised people are all too willing to accept cuts in Medicare when private insurance is hard to obtain for many seniors.

Yes but its much underpaid for the bennies received.   Its a broken system.   I'm not saying drop it for the people who have paid in but 2.9% even over your lifetime can't come close to covering what we do medically in the last years of life.   For a couple earning an average of $100K a year paying in $2900 per year in Medicare taxes comes out to around $220K at 3% interest after 40 years.  Average medicare bennies paid is almost $400K.  

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, jtssrx said:

they may receive the same care currently but when private insurance is cut which supplements Medicare and Medicaid becuase the federal government caps what they pay the care will suffer for all. My dad is a Vet as am I. The VA is a fucking joke. The care sucks and Medicare for all is more like a VA system   

VA system should be rolled into our regualr healthcare system for all but the most disabled vets where there can be specialized hospitals.   

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

VA system should be rolled into our regualr healthcare system for all but the most disabled vets where there can be specialized hospitals.   

Good idea. Eliminate the VA

5 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Bernie said that he'll put everyone in health insurance out of business...they can just do nose job claims or something.  :lol: 

Real question...who the fuck styles his hair? 

Stylist: "What can we do for you today, Bernie?"

Sell out: "Yeah...just give me the angry, creepy old wonky guy look."  

Stylist: "So, the regular then?"

Sell out:  "Yes, use a balloon again to comb it when you are done."

Stylist: "How about we try something different like the 'you've got zero chance to win' cut?"

Sell out:  "What does that look like."

Stylist: "Same."

All he needs is a floppy hat and you have crusty the clown.

1 minute ago, Anler said:

there should be no specialized service for anyone but disabled vets.  RIght now using the VA grouping system I would say group 1 through 3 with 4-8 being in the regular system

6 hours ago, Anler said:

I care for 3 seniors on medicare. They receive the same quality health care that me and my family do. Same doctors, same hospitals. 

And how much of it is covered by medicare?

3 hours ago, Anler said:

I think the opposite. Start treating all on Medicaid at VA. Then in 5 yrs after building more start treating all on caid and care at them. Then start letting people buy into a real affordable plan to be treated only at a va hospital. 

$100 or so a month., Only cover serious shit. If ya get the flu or the clap, throw your dr $125 out of ya own pocket.

Not a chance in hell that the elected house , senate , gubbermint  workers , or any of the other public / private union members will give up their healthcare for medicare for all .