Check your account email address ×

New method of dealing with the opiod crisis

16 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Nobody can help themselves anymore.  They aren’t allowed.  Sadness and hatred are now groomed and put into the proper “not my fault” victim and grievance groups.

The reason for most addicts failing is just what you’re implying. Self will rather than surrendering to help and becoming teachable. 

Just now, spin_dry said:

The reason for most addicts failing is just what you’re implying. Self will rather than surrendering to help and becoming teachable. 

Because we all must be taught not to keep touching the hot stove now.  

Just now, spin_dry said:

If it were that simple no self destructive human behaviors would ever occur. 

It’s actually quite simple for the ones with actual will power.  Being oblivious to poor choices are ignorant.  

Please don’t try to lump this in with active “self destruction behaviors”.

”Hey, let’s all go *insert extreme sport here.”

”Hey, let’s all pickle our our brains on *insert addictive drug here.

Same.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Well shut her down between Jabber Jaws and The Virgin it's all figured out.

They give the place a source of rich entertainment. Serial experts on everything. 

We should legislate common sense! In the meantime let's stay on the path of failure. It's like tax cuts compounded with increased spending it only works if you keep doing it!

Yea giving exact numbers and reasons from actual users is fake news these days. 

I work in a valley with the highest meth/opioid use per capita in the province. Maybe just maybe I have some experience with it. 

17 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

Yea giving exact numbers and reasons from actual users is fake news these days. 

I work in a valley with the highest meth/opioid use per capita in the province. Maybe just maybe I have some experience with it. 

I’ve got 34 years of working in addiction, trauma, and forensics. I’ll never claim to be an expert. Mainly because it’s a very inexact science. There are some evidence based approaches. And some can be effective. The one approach that works the best is longitudinal care with solution focused therapy. No matter how often the client falls, the clinician is there to assist them in finding ways to pick themselves up and move forward. I’ve learned never to walk away from someone sincerely seeking a change and to know that they may take months and even years to improve. It’s not a job for everyone. Most are toast within 5 years. 

45 minutes ago, Anler said:

We should legislate common sense! In the meantime let's stay on the path of failure. It's like tax cuts compounded with increased spending it only works if you keep doing it!

“We” and “let’s”.

Keep your miserable, incapabilities and assumptions confined to your own life, Chicken Little.

Thanx!

25 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I’ve got 34 years of working in addiction, trauma, and forensics. I’ll never claim to be an expert. Mainly because it’s a very inexact science. There are some evidence based approaches. And some can be effective. The one approach that works the best is longitudinal care with solution focused therapy. No matter how often the client falls, the clinician is there to assist them in finding ways to pick themselves up and move forward. I’ve learned never to walk away from someone sincerely seeking a change and to know that they may take months and even years to improve. It’s not a job for everyone. Most are toast within 5 years. 

Without actual proper long term treatment centers that takes the person away from the stressors and gives them actual options the fight will never be won. 

30 day treatments are a waste. 

We have a 21 day treatment center 2.5 hrs away. We rarely send people anymore. 

Locally we didn’t have a meth problem until we started dealing with the opioid problem. Give methadone or suboxone and then meth exploded. Can get treated for opioids but now able to get a high and fall into a state of psychosis off the meth. 

Opioids are climbing up again as prices and availability are improving (for the user). Crime is rampant to get 50 bucks for a couple points. 

Mental health support is severely lacking with no improvement in site. 

Its going to be a rough summer. 

2 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

Without actual proper long term treatment centers that takes the person away from the stressors and gives them actual options the fight will never be won. 

30 day treatments are a waste. 

We have a 21 day treatment center 2.5 hrs away. We rarely send people anymore. 

Locally we didn’t have a meth problem until we started dealing with the opioid problem. Give methadone or suboxone and then meth exploded. Can get treated for opioids but now able to get a high and fall into a state of psychosis off the meth. 

Opioids are climbing up again as prices and availability are improving (for the user). Crime is rampant to get 50 bucks for a couple points. 

Mental health support is severely lacking with no improvement in site. 

Its going to be a rough summer. 

It’s always been rough. Being in the middle of the epicenter is something researchers on this thing have little understanding about. After opiates hit the street it was common for one empty chair in group come Monday morning. Be it someone’s young 20’s or teenage son or daughter. Never easy talking to the father of a daughter who’s body isn’t even cold. They all blame themselves or you. That’s the bad stuff that haunts the shit out of me. 

9 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

It’s always been rough. Being in the middle of the epicenter is something researchers on this thing have little understanding about. After opiates hit the street it was common for one empty chair in group come Monday morning. Be it someone’s young 20’s or teenage son or daughter. Never easy talking to the father of a daughter who’s body isn’t even cold. They all blame themselves or you. That’s the bad stuff that haunts the shit out of me. 

It’s rough here cause there’s 0 and I’m 100% honest by saying there is 0 help in the community. The suboxone program is failing bad. 

We don’t see the mothers or fathers after the worst case scenario. But now with how far gone the crisis is, parents aren’t even surprised anymore if they pass or go missing for long periods. 

I’d prefer that people would start back up on opioids and benzos. Didn’t have half the problems we have now.