Check your account email address ×

Bunny done fucked him up.

42 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Awesome. First stop was Montego Bay. From there we island hopped. I came home and quit one of my jobs. Then an old friend showed up that’s now homeless. This is after an illustrious career as a mfg engineer. Some bad luck, some self imposed. Now I’m babysitting his dog. A pug-chihuahua mix that’s “somewhat” housebroken. No good deed goes unfucking punished. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Awesome. First stop was Montego Bay. From there we island hopped. I came home and quit one of my jobs. Then an old friend showed up that’s now homeless. This is after an illustrious career as a mfg engineer. Some bad luck, some self imposed. Now I’m babysitting his dog. A pug-chihuahua mix that’s “somewhat” housebroken. No good deed goes unfucking punished. 

:lol:   Awesome , Greg . Glad you had a good time .   :bc:  

59 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Hahaha.  Montego seems like a cool place.  We've been thinking of a Royal Caribbean cruise out of Galveston.  A few of them stop in Jamaica .  We might try to fit something in between Thanksgiving and Christmas.  

24 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Hahaha.  Montego seems like a cool place.  We've been thinking of a Royal Caribbean cruise out of Galveston.  A few of them stop in Jamaica .  We might try to fit something in between Thanksgiving and Christmas.  

Fly to Montego get a hotel then rent a driver and see the island stay a few nights in Negril and Ocho Rios.

Just now, Mainecat said:

Fly to Montego get a hotel then rent a driver and see the island stay a few nights in Negril and Ocho Rios.

That would be fun but I like cruises.  Cozumel, George Town, Grand Cayman, Falmouth, etc.   There are lots of different options.  

7 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

That would be fun but I like cruises.  Cozumel, George Town, Grand Cayman, Falmouth, etc.   There are lots of different options.  

We island hopped via sea plane. It’s quite an adventure. Taxi cab service to your hotel room. I understand many people enjoy cruises. I’m not one of them. I just know too much about humans to be floating around the ocean with 5000 of them eating from the same buffet line. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

We island hopped via sea plane. It’s quite an adventure. Taxi cab service to your hotel room. I understand many people enjoy cruises. I’m not one of them. I just know too much about humans to be floating around the ocean with 5000 of them eating from the same buffet line. 

That's quite the adventure.  Sounds like fun.  

23 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

You don’t really get the feel for any island stopping in tourist traps. Falmouth is a huge new port for cruise ships. It has all the usual US food chains. Not really Jamaica at all.

3 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

You don’t really get the feel for any island stopping in tourist traps. Falmouth is a huge new port for cruise ships. It has all the usual US food chains. Not really Jamaica at all.

Jamaica reminds me of New Orleans. Walk one block in the wrong direction and you’ll be on the dismembered and missing list. 

15 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

I'm more in it for the cruise.  I like the ships.  

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

Jamaica reminds me of New Orleans. Walk one block in the wrong direction and you’ll be on the dismembered and missing list. 

Jamaica or New Orleans are both interesting when you get off the beaten path, as is Nassau, Zihuatenejo, Cozumel, etc. In Jamaica me and some dude from Long Island were on rented Honda beater bikes when we followed some rasta from Ocho Rios up to some village in the hills called Walker. the food and the ganj was great and we made some friends, our newlywed wives were somewhat pissed when we got back several hours later :lol:In Nassau it was me and the wife on a public bus and then a rented motorcycle, everyone was pleasant, life is an adventure and good times.

I'm with you on island hopping via plane :thumb:

17 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

falmouths nothing special TBH, figured we would poke around the town but after a little bit of the overzealous sellers in the streets said fuck it and went back to the boat.   I've been accosted to buy shit in montego but never that bad,  I'd go again and just make sure to either hire a driver or book a tour.  

16 hours ago, spin_dry said:

You are correct.  We stayed at Sandals in Ocho Rios, and there were armed guards with AK47s lining the property.  Overall I don’t think it’s too bad, but there is a significant criminal element that would prey on the tourists if not for the presence.