Check your account email address ×

White House whistleblower says 25 security clearance denials were reversed during Trump admin...

NICE HUH....

White House whistleblower says 25 security clearance denials were reversed during Trump admin...

Source: The Washington Post

White House whistleblower says 25 security clearance denials were reversed during Trump administration 

By Rachael Bade April 1 at 10:00 AM 

A White House whistleblower told lawmakers that more than two-dozen denials for security clearances have been overturned during the Trump administration, calling Congress her “last hope” for addressing what she considers improper conduct that has left the nation’s secrets exposed. 

Tricia Newbold, a longtime White House security adviser, told the House Oversight and Reform Committee that she and her colleagues issued “dozens” of denials for security clearance applications that were later approved despite their concerns about blackmail, foreign influence, or other red flags, according to panel documents released Monday. 

Newbold, an 18-year veteran of the security clearance process who has served under both Republican and Democratic presidents, said she warned her superiors that clearances “were not always adjudicated in the best interest of national security” — and was retaliated against for doing so. 

“I would not be doing a service to myself, my country, or my children if I sat back knowing that the issues that we have could impact national security,” Newbold told the committee, according to a panel document summarizing her allegations.

Read more: https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/white-house-whistleblower-says-security-clearance-denials-were-reversed-during-trump-administration/2019/04/01/9f28334e-542c-11e9-814f-e2f46684196e_story.html

3 hours ago, Mainecat said:

You Trump guys are OK with this?

You,didn’t seem to have a problem with Russian colluder Shrillery and fat assed Kennedy haveing security clearances and I’m quite sure supported “ Leaky Leahy”

Your hypocrisy and outright stupidity has gotten significantly worse since last summer.

5 minutes ago, oleroule said:

who here a trump guy?

Anyone that doesn’t trash trump no matter what everyday  and ignores the complete hypocrisy of the left is a “ trump guy” according to the so-called “ independents” here.