Check your account email address ×

Light Pollution.

racer254

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Ha Ha ha, just keeps you out of the other posts.  Keep sucking off the taxpayer jobs. 

Actually 3 of 4 pictures were privately funded... :news:

SR #20

Thanks.

Seems like a bargain to me.

Do you know what the energy efficiency differential is between LED & HID? Lumens per watt?

PS #25

I'm fortunate to have graduated grammar school.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, racer254 said:

Great, can you prove it?

I don't need to prove it.  It's a simple fact.  How about you prove who you are instead of being the :usflag: Momo and scared to reveal any info....:news:

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

What is the education requirement to be a lightbulb salesman or is it learn in the field career?:lol:

I have no issue with the cost savings measures, but when we all of cut our consumption in half, the utilities will not hold those rates, cause they always need to make more.  

Racer doesn't like it but we have utility pricing regulation on the generation side and competition on the selling side here in the US, I pay less than 6 cents a KW for my electricity.

FTR lighting is a science and it's a very lucrative field.

2 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Racer doesn't like it but we have utility pricing regulation on the generation side and competition on the selling side here in the US, I pay less than 6 cents a KW for my electricity.

We get hosed for electricity here that is why many manus that are heavy electrical consumers picked up and left, but lighting would not have saved them.  Oh I know about lighting, but it still comes down to a cost and its not tied to revenue generation.  My systems create the profits that are used to pay the bills, ie the lights and most have paybacks less than one year.  Efficiencies are looked at everywhere, we look at running processed optimized for energy consumption much more today than we did even say 5 years ago.

31 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I have worked for utilities and honestly, some of the regs where the utilities can't own the major transmission lines have screwed the consumer.  Don't you have commenwealth edison in Chi town?

Edited by racer254

Just now, Mileage Psycho said:

ComEd delivers the electricity, but I purchase my electricity from Consolidated Edison. ComEd or Excelon if you will sold off all there generation capacity.

That's what I thought, they didn't have the generation capacity and were always buying from other utilities.  I am surprised it is that inexpensive with that simple fact.

9 minutes ago, racer254 said:

That's what I thought, they didn't have the generation capacity and were always buying from other utilities.  I am surprised it is that inexpensive with that simple fact.

The ComEd rate right now is 6.1 cents a KW, the rate I get from ConEd is like 5.8 cents.