Check your account email address ×

Hey HSR.....you wanna apologize?

f7ben

Posted Today, 08:34 PM

Let me share my experience with a setup that runs the same clutch calibration under different power levels. PS-3 is currently setup to run 30psi boost on trails using its auxiliary fuel system. Power output being largely a factor of boost pressure, PS-3 is typically running anywhere from 15psi up to 30psi. This is quite a wide range.

Obviously, like others have noted, clutchcalibration needs to be set for the maximum anticipated power level. In this case it is 30psi, As you can imagine, this requires a fair amount of clutch weight to keep rpm at a reasonnable level. The problem with that is the sled may exhibit symptoms of being sluggish at lower boost setting -- and it will to some extent if nothing is done.

The other factor to consider is that power level at the end of a wot pull can be 10% lower that at the beginning of a wot pull. As boost pressure increases in the 30psi range, the intake air temperature will increase sharply at the rate of nearly 8F degrees per second. This increase reduces air mass density and therefore the net air mass flow processed by the engine decreases, so is the overall fuel flow to maintain the same lambda target. Less air and less fuel means less power. This adds to the complexity of properly setting clutches for a fixed rpm target. By nature, it is nearly impossible to accomplish nor is it desirable because of fluctuating power output. Enough said.

There is a way around that. It is actually simple but involves a certain compromize. The solution is to let the engine rev much higher on the high power setting and get it to rev still high enough at lower power settings that throttle response is still great or as good as with a normal calibration. In the case of PS-3 ,this means operating the engine at 9600rpm at 30psi and let it spin at around 8800rpm at typical pump gas boost pressure of around 19psi. The result is perfect and to be honnest, the sled is a blast to ride at wot at 9600rpm and 30psi boost -- it just screams.

The above situation is the extreme of running a single clutch calibration on various power settings due to the wide boost difference between high and low. The short story here is that it can be done quite successfully. That being said, the engine has to be built and configured right to operate at higher rpm levels and a good rpm cut strategy is a must in case of a belt failure during a wot pull.

Obviously, like others have noted, clutchcalibration needs to be set for the maximum anticipated power level. In this case it is 30psi, As you can imagine, this requires a fairamount of clutch weight to keerpm at a reasonnable level. 

Derp

1 minute ago, Rod Johnson said:

I asked behn to ask d&d if they run Stock clutching in their race sleds and he freaked out and refused :lol: 

Why would I ask that......your have to be retarded to think that

Just now, Rod Johnson said:

Obviously, like others have noted, clutchcalibration needs to be set for the maximum anticipated power level. In this case it is 30psi, As you can imagine, this requires a fairamount of clutch weight to keerpm at a reasonnable level. 

Derp

Right......because it's nearly 170hp difference you brain dead fuck 

Just now, f7ben said:

I said stock clutching and a tune...

You said impossible

You got :owned: hard

No of course you can drive it. It’ll just be Shitty and way slower than someone who knows what they’re doing 

no different than taking a clutch off a 600 and putting it on an 800 and saying it’s perfectly fine because it will drive :lol: 

4 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

I asked behn to ask d&d if they run Stock clutching in their race sleds and he freaked out and refused :lol: 

I would bet big money D&D has zero idea what Glen is running for clutching . I know bmp has no idea what Kelly is running . 

they pay the bills give them parts give them access to the shop . before the racers turn those sleds in to the shop or sell they are not set up like they were for the race season 

Just now, Ez ryder said:

I would bet big money D&D has zero idea what Glen is running for clutching . I know bmp has no idea what Kelly is running . 

they pay the bills give them parts give them access to the shop . before the racers turn those sleds in to the shop or sell they are not set up like they were for the race season 

Yeah someone here bought one of D&D’s older procross 800 stocker... I beat it pretty good. It’s not fast. Can’t imagine d&d raced it like that 

No of course you can drive it. It’ll just be Shitty and way slower than someone who knows what they’re doing 

no different than taking a clutch off a 600 and putting it on an 800 and saying it’s perfectly fine because it will drive :lol: 

It's nothing like that you dumb motherfucker......because turbo sleds dont have a powerband.

Get back to goat fucking junk lsx fag shit and leave it NA because you arent bright enough to do anything but turn a screw on a carb or let hp tuners load a cam tune on your fancy obd2 port

:owned:

Yeah someone here bought one of D&D’s older procross 800 stocker... I beat it pretty good. It’s not fast. Can’t imagine d&d raced it like that 

Somebody was probably you.....and everyone beats you like a rented bitch

I know for sure the bmp race sleds are not the same set up they were for the season . he'll the racers won't even let them work on the sleds or let them know what they are running . they only let them pay the bills 

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

It's nothing like that you dumb motherfucker......because turbo sleds dont have a powerband.

Get back to goat fucking junk lsx fag shit and leave it NA because you arent bright enough to do anything but turn a screw on a carb or let hp tuners load a cam tune on your fancy obd2 port

:owned:

Did you seriously just say that turbo sleds don’t have a powerband :lol: 

holy fuck :lol: 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Somebody was probably you.....and everyone beats you like a rented bitch

Well it wouldn’t be something you would do since you freak out if it doesn’t have Stock clutching :lol: 

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

I know for sure the bmp race sleds are not the same set up they were for the season . he'll the racers won't even let them work on the sleds or let them know what they are running . they only let them pay the bills 

I don’t blame them tbh

Turbo sleds don’t have power bands!!!111!!2

Exactly....the more boost you run the more power they make. I guess you could say the tiny knob you turn is a powerband.

Dumb motherfucker

Edited by f7ben

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Exactly....the more boost you run the more power they make. I guess you could say the tiny knob you turn is a powerband.

Dumb motherfucker

How can it make more power if it doesn’t have a powerband derp