Check your account email address ×

450/510

BOHICA

1 minute ago, Dave said:

Oh geez i should of guessed....Asled on HCS is one as well....and he really thinks he knows everything. :lol:

My favorite is showing up on jobs where they fucked a machine up and are telling me how to fix it. 

Why am I there then? :lol: 

Today's backyard cart fiasco was just like that. And it was simple hydraulic quick connects. 

Stick to high voltage there Sparky. :lol: 

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, bussman said:

Ok then, transfer it to the weak ass front axle bearings. :lol: 

Some of it of course.  Pulling a 9k trailer I never went over the front axle weight ratings on a raptor....  Was like 50 lbs over on the rear.  10k trailer you have at the most 1500lbs of tongue weight.  Not a big fucking deal.  Jesus the fucking egyptians couldn't have built the pyramids if you or Dave were in charge if you think a semi floating axle has trouble with 1500lbs of weight....

2 minutes ago, bussman said:

My favorite is showing up on jobs where they fucked a machine up and are telling me how to fix it. 

Today's backyard cart fiasco was just like that. And it was simple hydraulic quick connects. 

:lol: it must be a prerequisite for the job. :bc:

4 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

That isnt your trailer sway control kicking in....  

That's what the dash display flashes, so what would you suggest it is then. :lol:

Scared the hell out of me the first time it did it because you don't expect your truck to take on a mind of it's own in the middle of a gravel speed curve.  

6 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Some of it of course.  Pulling a 9k trailer I never went over the front axle weight ratings on a raptor....  Was like 50 lbs over on the rear.  10k trailer you have at the most 1500lbs of tongue weight.  Not a big fucking deal.  Jesus the fucking egyptians couldn't have built the pyramids if you or Dave were in charge if you think a semi floating axle has trouble with 1500lbs of weight....

Other than more power (at 4,000rpm damn near towing) my 7,000 enclosed 4-place killed my buddy's Geek-o-etc and my 23 year old 3/4 ton Suburban is superior in towing in every way. 10,000 would be a towing joke with a 1/2 ton. 

• Gold Member
15 minutes ago, bussman said:

There is a Ram that somebody bought at auction with some powerline hardware holding the drive shaft carrier bearing on.....

We got this brand new ford last year.  500 miles on it just out of the mechanics shop after upfit and one of the guys driving down the road at 60.....  Starts hearing a beep that is getting quicker... Taps the brake to kick the cruise off and wammy the brakes lock up....  The mechanics failed to crimp the electrical connectors on the microbrake they installed on it....  Fucking sunflower seeds hit the windshield and went in the defrost....  Burnt out he blender motor less then a year later or what ever switches the climate from floor,vent, defrost.  Almost a lb of cracked pepper seeds worked there way around in all the ducting.  All cause the fucking mechanic didn't crimp some wires

Edited by BOHICA

• Gold Member
6 minutes ago, sledderj said:

That's what the dash display flashes, so what would you suggest it is then. :lol:

Scared the hell out of me the first time it did it because you don't expect your truck to take on a mind of it's own in the middle of a gravel speed curve.  

Hit the traction/stability control button....  Not sure if you can full disable yours by holding it down for 10 seconds like on the raptor.

2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

There is a Ram that somebody bought at auction with some powerline hardware holding the drive shaft carrier bearing on.....

We got this brand new ford last year.  500 miles on it just out of the mechanics shop after upfit and one of the guys driving down the road at 60.....  Starts hearing a beep that is getting quicker... Taps the brake to kick the cruise off and wammy the brakes look up....  The mechanics failed to crimp the electrical connectors on the microbrake they installed on it....  Fucking sunflower seeds hit the windshield and went in the defrost....  Burnt out he blender motor less then a year later or what ever switches the climate from floor,vent, defrost.  Almost a lb of cracked pepper seeds worked there way around in all the ducting.  All cause the fucking mechanic didn't crimp some wires

I change blend door motors all the time because whinemen can't keep pens out of the defroster duct. Your story is way rarer though. 

• Gold Member
14 minutes ago, bussman said:

I change blend door motors all the time because whinemen can't keep pens out of the defroster duct. Your story is way rarer though. 

My fucking lineman pliers, channel locks and leatherman get more work tightening shit that limp wristed mechanics fail to tighten then those tools are used in powerline work.  If you guys would put a 1/2 turn extra on shit then we could get more powerline work done.  You take a bucket truck in for service 9 times out of 10 I will be tightening hydraulic hoses and adjusting outrigger micro switches so we can get a truck to fly then it takes to do a job on its first trip out of the shop.

Edited by BOHICA

5 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

My fucking lineman pliers, channel locks and leatherman get more work tightening shit that limp wristed mechanics fail to tighten then those tools are used in powerline work.  If you guys would put a 1/2 turn extra on shit then we could get more powerline work done.  You take a bucket truck in for service 9 times out of 10 I will be tightening hydraulic hoses and adjusting outrigger micro switches so we can get a truck to fly then it takes to do a job on its first trip out of the shop.

Mahbe your truck maintenance guys just dont like you.

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, Dave said:

Mahbe your truck maintenance guys just dont like you.

Thats not it.  They are good dudes but dont like to get dirty out in the field.  They need a steam cleaner within arms reach.

40 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Lineman torque specs: 

Tighten it until it strips, back it off a 1/4 turn. 

Leave the real wrenching to the pros Sparky. :bc: 

12 hours ago, Dave said:

tow a 4 place through the mountains 1st and then get back to me. :bc:

I have many times

4 place deck over extra tall int 4 sleds also set up with 150lb of propane underneath and all the chit needed to camp  in a forest service lot for a few days including the 42in and sat tv.

no prob but I do have bags .

reality I get 7.9 average with the 5.0 and  7.8 with the 6.2 . with buds power stroke in a 350 8.5

so again the 5.0 is reving pretty good across the fields of Nebraska etc the 6.2 is deff not working as hard the oil burner is working less hard. but still costing more to drive with diff and extra cost of fuel

8 hours ago, Dave said:

I drive my jetta diesel out for dinner...and even to pull my quad around to rides.... :bc:

my bud still has the diesel VW rabbit truck he got in highschool in the mid 80s . now his kid says its not cool and wants a diff car.at least he manned up and told the kid fine go buy one like I did when I was your age. now the kid thinks poss the rabbit is not that bad. I was there for that when my bud told him to late 1 time opportunity life only gives u a few chances and u have to be reedy to jump on them. he wont sell it to me I think it is cuz I made fun of it when we were kids lol. not sure what I was making fun of I bought a new Mazda b2000 sundowner lol what made it a sundowner u ask? well the fancy sunburst strip along the bottom of the door and the leaky sunroof of course   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dave said:

Your wifes?

So you dont tow much then...

No I don't tow much,2 place clam a few times a year. The wife drives a 325hp Jeep that is rated to pull 8500 . My 2500 work truck is a gasser. Never will have a trailer behind it. 90% of the smokers I see on the road have no load on them,nothing behind them and an empty box. Most work trucks 2500 and under are gas in my area.

12 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

No I don't tow much,2 place clam a few times a year. The wife drives a 325hp Jeep that is rated to pull 8500 . My 2500 work truck is a gasser. Never will have a trailer behind it. 90% of the smokers I see on the road have no load on them,nothing behind them and an empty box. Most work trucks 2500 and under are gas in my area.

So baby hummer is yours? If you see one around here you can bet a woman is behind the wheel.

What kind of jeep is called 325hp? Never heard of that model.