Check your account email address ×

Antarctic ice is melting six times faster than it did in the 1980s and could 'destabilize' glaciers

45 minutes ago, Edmo said:

“And the ice loss is accelerating dramatically — a key indicator of human-caused climate change.”

Don’t you love how they throw this in there. Pure speculation...

Yuh, we can put men on the moon in 1969, but today science has no credibility........well unless the science comes from a coal industry lobbyist.

Just now, DAVE said:

I notice you dont have AC on the roof...whats that system called again...cant think of it.

My AC is in the basement.  The storage unit right behind the BBQ in the pictures.  It's a Coleman Mach basement air unit.  Two 15,000 BTU central ducted air conditioner units.  Super quiet, you barely hear it run during the day.  

They quit making them in about 2012 and many people are very afraid of having such an obsolete AC system but the good news is my AC is basically a residential unit bolted to a Motorhome.  It's super easy to trouble shoot and repair.  I replaced a failed Hard Start Capacitor in September.  Cost $12 at the local appliance shop in Vegas.  Took 10 minutes to change out.  I found the entire service and repair manual online for free so I feel pretty good about it now.  

3 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

So what do you think those dark units are on top of the roof?

The round one in the front is my satellite dish.  The other two or maxi vent roof vent covers.  They allow me to leave roof vents open and not worry about rain or wind coming inside the coach.  They cover big whisper quiet ceiling fans in the kitchen and bathroom.  They work fantastic.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

My AC is in the basement.  The storage unit right behind the BBQ in the pictures.  It's a Coleman Mach basement air unit.  Two 15,000 BTU central ducted air conditioner units.  Super quiet, you barely hear it run during the day.  

They quit making them in about 2012 and many people are very afraid of having such an obsolete AC system but the good news is my AC is basically a residential unit bolted to a Motorhome.  It's super easy to trouble shoot and repair.  I replaced a failed Hard Start Capacitor in September.  Cost $12 at the local appliance shop in Vegas.  Took 10 minutes to change out.  I found the entire service and repair manual online for free so I feel pretty good about it now.  

Yes...in the basement...much better for very hot conditions...i could have sworn there was a name for it....must have thought wrong.

4 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

The round one in the front is my satellite dish.  The other two or maxi vent roof vent covers.  They allow me to leave roof vents open and not worry about rain or wind coming inside the coach.  They cover big whisper quiet ceiling fans in the kitchen and bathroom.  They work fantastic.  

My trailer didnt come with covers...fn bs...i put them on myself...they are a must have. Imo

6 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Yes...in the basement...much better for very hot conditions...i could have sworn there was a name for it....must have thought wrong.

It's called a Coleman Mach Basement Air Conditioner.  They came in 2 ton, 2.5 ton and 3 ton configurations.  Mine is a 2.5 ton.  30,000 BTU.  

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

It's called a Coleman Mach Basement Air Conditioner.  They came in 2 ton, 2.5 ton and 3 ton configurations.  Mine is a 2.5 ton.  30,000 BTU.  

Looks better too imo.

2 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Looks better too imo.

Lots of people are freaked out by them because they are expensive to replace and most mobile RV service techs don't like to work on them.  I did some googling and read for days and located the service/repair manual and now I'm a self declared expert on them.  

They also have a 30,000 BTU Heat Pump built in to the unit so it acts as a furnace in the winter.  The Heat Pump only works down to about 38f.  Below 38f the system automatically swaps over to the Propane furnace.  We really don't use it for heat as we have an electric fireplace and a small electric space heater inside the coach.  The heater and fireplace are virtually silent and have digital thermostats with remote control so they are much much better than using the coach furnace or heat pump.  

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

Lots of people are freaked out by them because they are expensive to replace and most mobile RV service techs don't like to work on them.  I did some googling and read for days and located the service/repair manual and now I'm a self declared expert on them.  

They also have a 30,000 BTU Heat Pump built in to the unit so it acts as a furnace in the winter.  The Heat Pump only works down to about 38f.  Below 38f the system automatically swaps over to the Propane furnace.  We really don't use it for heat as we have an electric fireplace and a small electric space heater inside the coach.  The heater and fireplace are virtually silent and have digital thermostats with remote control so they are much much better than using the coach furnace or heat pump.  

Are they exclusive to Begos?

Just now, DAVE said:

Are they exclusive to Begos?

No.  Bego used them in almost all of their motorhomes from the mid 80's till about 2012.  Other coach builders used them too but generally on larger coaches and diesel pushers.  They take up some precious basement storage space so most coaches under 33' long use roof mounted AC units.  We have huge basements in this coach so the storage space isn't missed at all.  

The best part about them is the fact they are ducted and super quiet.  Obviously you can hear them at night when everything is off inside the coach but during the day, listening to music, watching TV, cooking, visiting friends, etc, they are virtually silent.  You can barely tell when they kick on or off.  

27 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

dave put his on backwards, and they flew off when he got on the highway...

:lol:

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

dave put his on backwards, and they flew off when he got on the highway...

Dave is a baller.  He paid a technician to install his and supervised the job making sure it was done correctly.  

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

No.  Bego used them in almost all of their motorhomes from the mid 80's till about 2012.  Other coach builders used them too but generally on larger coaches and diesel pushers.  They take up some precious basement storage space so most coaches under 33' long use roof mounted AC units.  We have huge basements in this coach so the storage space isn't missed at all.  

The best part about them is the fact they are ducted and super quiet.  Obviously you can hear them at night when everything is off inside the coach but during the day, listening to music, watching TV, cooking, visiting friends, etc, they are virtually silent.  You can barely tell when they kick on or off.  

Mine are pretty quiet as well....they only work thru vents...you dont see the units on the inside on the ceiling.

4 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Dave is a baller.  He paid a technician to install his and supervised the job making sure it was done correctly.  

I did them myself...im cheap like you.

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

Mine are pretty quiet as well....they only work thru vents...you dont see the units on the inside on the ceiling.

Yes those are ducted too then and they work good as well.  I could never have an RV without some sort of ducted AC.  If you've ever been in an RV without a ducted AC you will never want to be around them, ever.  

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

Yes those are ducted too then and they work good as well.  I could never have an RV without some sort of ducted AC.  If you've ever been in an RV without a ducted AC you will never want to be around them, ever.  

That cheap toyhauler i bought to flip was ducted...but had the unit on the inside as well.