Check your account email address ×

Dictator Donald...SMH

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Fine but most people think illegals cross the border and are handed bags of cash and free housing.....it's more complicated than that.

Agreed but to say many aren't getting public assistance other than education isn't accurate as well.  

Edited by Highmark

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Agreed but to say many aren't getting public assistance other than education isn't accurate as well.  

I don't think anybody knows the true numbers.

9 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I don't think anybody knows the true numbers.

No but the Yale/MIT study was interesting.   I don't buy there are only 11 million here.  Considering higher educations political "leanings" I'd say its very telling.  

https://thehill.com/latino/407848-yale-mit-study-22-million-not-11-million-undocumented-immigrants-in-us

Edited by Highmark

18 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Fine but most people think illegals cross the border and are handed bags of cash and free housing.....it's more complicated than that.

Pretty much the case in nookland.

13 minutes ago, Highmark said:

No but the Yale/MIT study was interesting.   I don't buy there are only 11 million here.  Considering higher educations political "leanings" I'd say its very telling.  

https://thehill.com/latino/407848-yale-mit-study-22-million-not-11-million-undocumented-immigrants-in-us

Interesting read....says that numbers plateaued in 2007 and have not risen so not sure why some are saying it's a national emergency.

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Jobs aren't the only reason they come.   Education and security just to name a few.   Lets face it they get much better medical care here just showing up at the ER and don't generally pay a dime.   They are abusing our social services.   States/Fed govt do very little to check citizenship when entering people into welfare programs.   

I get that. I think with whatever you do in terms of amnesty/naturalization/pathway to citizenship, it needs to apply to more than just jobs for those who cross after the grace period. Education and healthcare being key to that as well.