Check your account email address ×

House Republicans Called Emergency Meeting On Cheese As Shutdown Approached

IDIOTS....

House Republicans Called Emergency Meeting On Cheese As Shutdown Approached

Source: Huffington Post

As the federal government was heading for a shutdown Friday night, House Republicans called an emergency meeting. 

Plot twist: it was about cheese. 

During her broadcast that evening, MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow appeared astonished while reporting on the gathering, which was arranged so that lawmakers could discuss the Curd Act, a proposal to allow some cheeses to be advertised as “natural” despite having artificial ingredients 

Rep. Jim McGovern (D-Mass.) was clearly irked, feeling the timing was pretty inconvenient. 

“This is an emergency meeting that we’re having here and I’ve seen some surreal things around this place, but this is really something,” McGovern said. “Vital parts of our government are about to shut down in just a few hours, and the Republicans have called an emergency meeting on cheese.” 

Read more: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/shutdown-cheese_us_5c1e1dd9e4b08aaf7a892887

well i just feal bad for all the peope who will not be abke to go in to work this weekend and next week. I mean what will a fed worker do who already had the next week off work any way .

keep it shut with no pay for any one collecting a federal check .

39 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

well i just feal bad for all the peope who will not be abke to go in to work this weekend and next week. I mean what will a fed worker do who already had the next week off work any way .

I’m pleased that nothing in government works the way that you want it to work. 

41 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

How about just every single elected lawmaker, the entire IC and the DOJ?  Along with all state and federal funded emergency services?  I bet we would never have another shut down again.