Check your account email address ×

Illegal Immigrants Accounted for Nearly 37 Percent of Federal Sentences

Highmark

4 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Sounds like illegal immigrants are pretty profitable for the prison industrial complex

They are profitable for lots of big corps. How many legislators (r and D) have illegal gardeners, nannies, cleaning people, side pieces, etc...? Shit most of Trump's wives would probably be illegal if he didn't marry them... :lol:

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Anler said:

The flow of illegals can be stopped. But the really large quantities of drugs smuggled aren't being back packed across. These guys are savvy international businessmen with many large businesses that facilitate the importation of drugs here and abroad. Trucking, cargo ship and rail are far easier and more economical methods of importing. Not to mention the network required to keep a constant supply of drugs to key markets. Beaners and backpacks aren't doing that. 

Posted the statistics before.   Ground seizures are like 80% of the drugs stopped.   Sorry but much of it is traveling in that manner.  

I'm not opposed to the legalization of drugs, especially pot but I'd like to see statistics of those killed by the drug and impact on other aspects of life, not just LEO's lives lost.  

47 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I'm not opposed to the legalization of drugs, especially pot but I'd like to see statistics of those killed by the drug and impact on other aspects of life, not just LEO's lives lost.  

I think more people died from Overdosing on oxys than all illegal drugs combined in recent years.

1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

I think more people died from Overdosing on oxys than all illegal drugs combined in recent years.

Really?   Heroin deaths are huge nowadays.  

http://www.drugwarfacts.org/cms/Causes_of_Death#sthash.elUlw6Gj.dpbs

Edited by Highmark

Just now, motonoggin said:

http://www.drugwarfacts.org/cms/Causes_of_Death#sthash.mMWquyYm.dpbs

Yup 10,500~ deaths from heroin overdose and almost 19,000 from pharmaceutical opioids.

Sad.   Wonder how many of the pharma versions was who it was actually prescribed too?

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Posted the statistics before.   Ground seizures are like 80% of the drugs stopped.   Sorry but much of it is traveling in that manner.  

So it's 80% of what's STOPPED? Not 80% of all being brought over? 

You can believe whatever you want. This is the shipping capital of the country. Tons of drugs aren't being back packed in here every week by illegals bro. You can't be that naive.

16 minutes ago, Anler said:

I wonder how many pharm companies have been targeted by the dea?

That would be refreshing. Legalize the weed and I bet those numbers go down dramatically.

Edited by Edmo

16 minutes ago, Anler said:

You can believe whatever you want. This is the shipping capital of the country. Tons of drugs aren't being back packed in here every week by illegals bro. You can't be that naive.

He is.  IOWA... Enougn said. :lol: 

17 minutes ago, Anler said:

Its a relative measurement.  Just going off what the DEA statistics say brah.  :lmao:

http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2015/11/dea-most-illegal-drugs-enter-via-mexico-cartels-greatest-criminal-threat-to-u-s/

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/11/obama-admin-most-illegal-drugs-enter-us-via-mexico-cartels-greatest-criminal-threat/

9 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Backpackers are just easiest to catch.

Comgrats! You caught a dude with 20 grand of weed

Meanwhile a submarine filled with a metric ton of heroin just met up with a guy off Miami beach. 

I think most heroin comes in by car.   Point is stop the cars and planes and whatever else and it will come across the border by foot if necessary.  

https://www.justice.gov/archive/ndic/pubs38/38661/movement.htm

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2014/06/12/sophisticated-smuggling-rings-supply-heroin-surge/9713909/

Nearly all of the heroin fueling a U.S. resurgence enters the country over the 1,933-mile Mexico border, according to the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration.

Customs officers in Nogales have seized more heroin in the first six months of fiscal 2014 than during each of the past three full fiscal years, Agosttini said.

Most is hidden in vehicles crossing through ports of entry like the bustling Nogales gate. Smaller amounts are carried in on foot by men dubbed "mules," hiking established desert smuggling routes. Some is ferried in by plane or boat.

The 487,000-acre preserve is promoted as a prime location for backpacking, stargazing, hunting and horseback riding. But it's also a drug-smuggling corridor. Cartel operatives carry by backpack loads of drugs from the border through the desert to Interstate 8, which whisks motorists between California and Arizona.

"When you just look at this desert area, and people may even be driving by on I-8 headed to San Diego or wherever, when they look at this area, they just see open desert," Thomas said. "When I drive up, all I see are smuggling routes."

Cartel scouts hide in mountains overlooking smuggling routes and desert roads, coordinating movements of mules and the transport crews who pick them up along the freeway. Scouts also watch for Border Patrol agents and other authorities, telling mules when to proceed and when to hide.

Edited by Highmark

45 minutes ago, Highmark said:

That link is a turd. Funny how the gubment can catch Martha Stewart inside trading but doesn't have the resources to catch coyotes smuggling terrorists through a known corridor... Omg this is fucking insane...