Check your account email address ×

Tin Man Rivet

f7ben

4 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Ben are you still working on a pilots license?

Nope....flew a total of 4 hours and changed my mind. I did get my medical and student license etc and have a log book so it would be easy to resume training but I lost interest. 

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Nope....flew a total of 4 hours and changed my mind. I did get my medical and student license etc and have a log book so it would be easy to resume training but I lost interest. 

I would like to get mine, but there is no way I can really afford to own or even rent a plane. The wife and I go to a little restaurant at a little local airport, I know quite a few of the pilots and they are all very well off.

2 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

I would like to get mine, but there is no way I can really afford to own or even rent a plane. The wife and I go to a little restaurant at a little local airport, I know quite a few of the pilots and they are all very well off.

That is a good part of why I quit. I would never pay for rental and owning is very expensive. I could have owned living in Indiana and making what I make here but no way on what I'll be earning in MN. It came down to staying in Indiana and flying home or just moving back.

13 minutes ago, f7ben said:

That is a good part of why I quit. I would never pay for rental and owning is very expensive. I could have owned living in Indiana and making what I make here but no way on what I'll be earning in MN. It came down to staying in Indiana and flying home or just moving back.

Not to mention that Gravity thing , that's where the real problems can start . 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

What about group ownership? That makes it affordable when it otherwise wouldn't be. A friend of mine that lives in Kalamazoo MI belongs to a group of 4 co-ownwers. 

11 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

What about group ownership? That makes it affordable when it otherwise wouldn't be. A friend of mine that lives in Kalamazoo MI belongs to a group of 4 co-ownwers. 

Typically the way group ownership occurs is you pay a set cost per hour to fly.....typically 120$ + ......That would be for a 50k 4 seat single engine plane. Works well for some....def not for me lolz

I would have preferred outright ownership because then you can make the sole decisions on maintenance and get involved with things like owner assisted annuals or auto fuel stc's etc etc. Basically I'd want to do things my way and have access to my plane at all times.