Check your account email address ×

Seventeen years after Sept. 11, Al Qaeda may be stronger than ever

• Platinum Contributing Member
16 hours ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Lol oh yeah? Says who? At what cost? Who do you think runs the tribal areas? I’ll give you a couple guesses and it’s not the Afghani govt... 

Tribal area's will likely never be "settled" and likely never were.   Again I'm not saying where we are today justify the cost in lives or money but nor am I saying the population is worth being given a chance at something better however I can't see the future being worse than what it was under the Taliban.

17 hours ago, Turf said:

One of my employees is from Iraq. He supports what the US did to Saddam over there. Things are much better now over there he says. He goes back every few years as he has rental property in Iraq.

^^This^^ :snack: 

26 minutes ago, Momorider said:

So you have been and experienced it first hand :lol: 

Did you? I did... And those places are not any better off. Shut the fuck up Shmegmo.

34 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Tribal area's will likely never be "settled" and likely never were.   Again I'm not saying where we are today justify the cost in lives or money but nor am I saying the population is worth being given a chance at something better however I can't see the future being worse than what it was under the Taliban.

Basically what you are saying is it is better but so nominally that it is irrelevant from a human perspective. Was the price we paid in lives and capital nominal? Nope..

8 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Did you? I did... And those places are not any better off. Shut the fuck up Shmegmo.

Basically what you are saying is it is better but so nominally that it is irrelevant from a human perspective. Was the price we paid in lives and capital nominal? Nope..

Yah in the war zone it's the same today for the citizens no fucking doubt :flush:

Edited by Momorider

8 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

DOUBLE :owned:

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Basically what you are saying is it is better nominally. Was the price we paid in lives and capital nominal? Nope..

I can basically agree with that statement at where things currently are and the cost.      

Edited by Highmark