Check your account email address ×

Need advice on long haul

1 minute ago, xcr700 said:

Got a decent job offer to do canada only long haul. What are the pros and cons of doing this? I'll be in a team situation for the first little while. 

If the guy your driving with is an asshole thats a con.

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

If you dont mind not being at home at night thats the only con imo.

Yeah...but it's good money to start and I need experience, not a lot of companies want to hire class 1 guys with little to no experience.  Wife is ok with it ,and now that the dog is gone........

1 minute ago, Momorider said:

Isn't it just till they know you can do it? training period :dunno: everyone does this 

This place actually wants me to sign a 1 year contract, cause there's apparently a lot of training involved.  They dont want to invest in someone who bails . But yeah, it's only a training thing ,unless I want to continue driving team

Just now, xcr700 said:

Yeah...but it's good money to start and I need experience, not a lot of companies want to hire class 1 guys with little to no experience.  Wife is ok with it ,and now that the dog is gone........

This place actually wants me to sign a 1 year contract, cause there's apparently a lot of training involved.  They dont want to invest in someone who bails . But yeah, it's only a training thing ,unless I want to continue driving team

You will have experience to go anywhere after a year sounds like what you want :news: 

2 minutes ago, Momorider said:

You will have experience to go anywhere after a year sounds like what you want :news: 

Exactly my thoughts :bc:

2 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Team with Momo......

I would ,if he had his class 1 . 

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

Giver a try...can always quit...you should try the ice roads if you wanna make the big coin.

Even if I sign a contract for 1 year ?

Just now, xcr700 said:

Exactly my thoughts :bc:

I would ,if he had his class 1 . 

Even if I sign a contract for 1 year ?

Well the contract is there so they dont waste their money training you i suppose eh.

serious question xcr ,  have you ever tried to sleep in the bunk of a truck while its on the move  , its not easy and you wake up with " critter face "

another thing is you have to trust the other driver with your life  . My brother and I did a bunch of runs with pac- man monitors out of electohome in Kitchener ont to San diego

1 minute ago, grggade said:

serious question xcr ,  have you ever tried to sleep in the bunk of a truck while its on the move  , its not easy and you wake up with " critter face "

another thing is you have to trust the other driver with your life  . My brother and I did a bunch of runs with pac- man monitors out of electohome in Kitchener ont to San diego

Yeah  sleeping in a moving truck is a big concern...and I remember in school ,the instructors sharing their nightmares regarding their team driver.. 

3 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

Yeah  sleeping in a moving truck is a big concern...and I remember in school ,the instructors sharing their nightmares regarding their team driver.. 

Can you sleep while your wifes driving?

Shit!   I’d do it!  I think it’s be a cool experience.  Now the whole partnering up thing?  Nope.  Could you imagine being thrown in a vehicle with me for days?  I’d drive a mother fucker to suicide inside of 10 hours.  Less if I really didn’t like them.  “Suicide”.  :lmao:

• Haha 1