Check your account email address ×

USXC I 500 Resurrected

8 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

They’ll need a lot of snow makers considering how winters have been. 

Well, last year’s wasn’t bad.  Got a good start, fell apart but got better.

In all seriousness though, we need a good one this year.  If we get a good widespread dumping and it stays through March in Kost places, the industry will make a quick snap back.  If this is a poor or mediocre one,  I think many will make a final decision to get out and it will take several good winters to get them back in...and that still may not get them back.

It’s sad, but...if I had to trailer and hunt snow every year...YEAR AFTER YEAR AFTER YEAR.  Fuck it, I’d be out also.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Good news!  Snowmobiling is a struggling game anymore.  Seeing long standing races disappear isn’t a good sign.  Glad to see this back on the table.

:bc:

The Excell grass drags got cancelled this year..

3 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

The Excell grass drags got cancelled this year..

Yeah, it trickles down when snow fall is short.  I was watching some of last years SX races last weekend and some of the tracks were just shit brown in the middle of a muddy location.  Gross as shit.  It was that way in Duluth 4-5 years ago and it was just a mess.  We were covered in mud and had to slip around in it all day.  Attendance fell way short also.  That’s not fun to slop around in and, and not pretty to see sleds kicking up brown slop all day.

Duluth has been lucky with cold weather since but it seems to come down to the last week to make a call every year.  I wish they’d just push the kick off back a week or two.  

56 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Well, last year’s wasn’t bad.  Got a good start, fell apart but got better.

In all seriousness though, we need a good one this year.  If we get a good widespread dumping and it stays through March in Kost places, the industry will make a quick snap back.  If this is a poor or mediocre one,  I think many will make a final decision to get out and it will take several good winters to get them back in...and that still may not get them back.

It’s sad, but...if I had to trailer and hunt snow every year...YEAR AFTER YEAR AFTER YEAR.  Fuck it, I’d be out also.

I hope you guys get some good snow this year. It’s long overdue. The last few years of my sledding either was in the keweenaw back country or Wyoming. I didn’t do any trail riding. It was just too difficult to plan vacations for trails. 

1 hour ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I hope you guys get some good snow this year. It’s long overdue. The last few years of my sledding either was in the keweenaw back country or Wyoming. I didn’t do any trail riding. It was just too difficult to plan vacations for trails. 

Yeah, it's all about the trails up here.  We always have rideable snow, it's just a matter of duration.  The last few years they haven't set up well enough til about mid Jan and only lasting until mid to end of March.  Mid-Dec to Mid April used to be the norm.  Hell, we had 18 inches of snow by T-giving last year.  Then I bought a sled and it all disappeared.  God hates me.