Check your account email address ×

Fuck the market, immigrants , harley, steel , this shit is serious.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Red Meat Allergies Caused By Tick Bites Are On The Rise

Tick bites can cause all sorts of nasty afflictions. And if you're bitten by a Lone Star tick, here's one more to add to the list: a red meat allergy.

Laura Stirling, 51, a Realtor who lives in Severna Park, Md., was diagnosed with the allergy last year. She got a tick bite while walking on a trail with her dog, Gunner, near her home.

"I found [the tick] 3 or 4 inches to the left of my hip bone," Stirling recalls. At the time, she say, she didn't think much of it. "I just took it off and threw it away."

Then, three weeks later, after she ate an Italian-style pork sausage for dinner, she had a horrible reaction. The reaction began about six hours after her meal, which is typical of this alAn allergist gave her a blood test to check for an alpha-gal meat allergy. When the test came back positive, she was told to avoid all red meat, including beef, pork and lamb. (Despite a long-running campaign marketing it as "The Other White Meat," pork is classified as a red meat.) Some people who develop the allergy can no longer tolerate dairy products.

About 10 years ago, Commins was among the first physicians to identify the allergy in patientsThat has increased dramatically. "We're confident the number is over 5,000 [cases], and that's in the U.S. alone," Commins says. There are also cases in Sweden, Germany and Australia — likely linked to other species of ticks.with tick bites. Back then, there were just a few dozen known cases.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2018/06/25/621080751/red-meat-allergies-caused-by-tick-bites-are-on-the-rise

2 hours ago, Momorider said:

I would probably off myself if I got that condition :guzzle: never have prime rib steak or a burger again :russian_roulette:

I know what you're getting for Christmas!!!!!1111

9 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

I know what you're getting for Christmas!!!!!1111

3 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Image result for star tick

Big surprise from the two biggest shitstains on the planet :finger2: :finger3:

• Haha 1