Check your account email address ×

the north korea goal post

4 hours ago, XC.Morrison said:

It’s inherently necessary to observe one's actions in order to make any deductions about their character.  You’re thinking of personality traits, such as energetic, funny, lazy, negative, shy.  Character traits on the other hand are things like honesty, integrity, virtue, kindliness, etc.  these are traits based in the principle that the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.  Behavior of course would include actions.

in terms of past behavior, for instance, Trump has failed to establish peace with John McCain.  And he lies, like a LOT.  So, considering these past actions or lack thereof, I have no belief that this agreement with Un to work on an actual real plan of any substance will amount to anything credit worthy.  I don’t have much faith in Un either.

Way out there theory time:  In fact, part of me wonders whether Trump doing this meeting is a precursor to war.  How could that be?  Well, if he wants to go to war, people would criticize, “but you didn’t even try diplomacy first!”  Now, when the deal inevitably goes nowhere or Un fails to comply, he’s more legitimized to press for war actions.  A future tweet may read:    “I tried diplomacy - it didn’t work - I didn’t want this but have no choice other than send in military - sad.”  

It’s almost like you forgot who his opponent was. You have admitted here Hillary was not a good candidate, and not very likable as well. So one has to choose - who will get something done and who will be more of the same. Trump has proven he’s got the balls to tackle difficult issues. I like that he’s stirring the pot. We needed that desperately.