Check your account email address ×

Tell me one thing..

Bring jobs home with tarrifs on goods made elsewhere. In India there is a 60% tarrif on imported motorcycles. Guess what happens, companies like Harley open factories in India to sell in that market. We are saps letting corps run offshore manufacturing and then dump the goods here killing all kinds of jobs.

6 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

NAFTA needs to go me thinks.

Question, do you know what NAFTA stands for? Because NAFTA in not the problem. 

Things started to really go down hill after China was granted Favored Nation Status. 

7 minutes ago, can-amsledder said:

Question, do you know what NAFTA stands for? Because NAFTA in not the problem. 

Things started to really go down hill after China was granted Favored Nation Status. 

Yeah I know what it means ..but I thought thats what brought in the whole world..maybe i'm wrong..it has happened once before! :lol:

Edited by Capt.Storm

NAFTA is essentially a tariff agreement designed to facilitate trade and ensure that North American producers receive preferences over goods not originating in the U.S., Canada or Mexico. According to the International Monetary Fund, trade among the three NAFTA countries more than tripled between 1993 and 2007.

But NAFTA is also highly controversial. Some economists and policy analysts argue that tariffs interfere with free market ideals by diverting resources to industries in which the U.S. is a less efficient, high-cost producer. Another common argument is that NAFTA encourages companies to outsource American jobs to lower-cost countries and the loss of tariffs reduces the money available for government programs.

8 minutes ago, can-amsledder said:

Close

North America Free Trade Agreement.

With NAFTA you are dealing with counties with similar economies. Maybe not so much Mexico but they are not a third word county like China or India.  

I dunno Chris..it gets confusing.

NAFTA is essentially a tariff agreement designed to facilitate trade and ensure that North American producers receive preferences over goods not originating in the U.S., Canada or Mexico. According to the International Monetary Fund, trade among the three NAFTA countries more than tripled between 1993 and 2007.

Edited by Capt.Storm

2 minutes ago, can-amsledder said:

Not confusing at all. NAFTA is an agreement between Canada, USA and Mexico to not charge tariffs to each other on products made in those countries.

Read above .

This> NAFTA is essentially a tariff agreement designed to facilitate trade and ensure that North American producers receive preferences over goods not originating in the U.S., Canada or Mexico

Edited by Capt.Storm

40 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

Tell me one thing you would like to see the new potus do when that person gets in office and how they should implement it maybe.

They should get ride of the duplication of social services. Like a mother getting food stamps and her kids getting free breakfast and lunch at school.

3 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

Read above .

This> NAFTA is essentially a tariff agreement designed to facilitate trade and ensure that North American producers receive preferences over goods not originating in the U.S., Canada or Mexico

Yes, thats what I said. But just in different words.

I guess where I might be thinking wrong is that I thought nafta made it easier for US companies to move to  countries other than Canada /Mexico and send their stuff back without tariffs.

This line almost supports my thinking?

This> NAFTA is essentially a tariff agreement designed to facilitate trade and ensure that North American producers receive preferences over goods not originating in the U.S., Canada or Mexico

Edited by Capt.Storm

37 minutes ago, can-amsledder said:

Close

North America Free Trade Agreement.

With NAFTA you are dealing with counties with similar economies. Maybe not so much Mexico but they are not a third word county like China or India.  

Since when does mexico have a similar economy? Notice how many auto makers are down there building cars for the USA and Canada? Thank NAFTA for that. Mexico should have been left out of that agreement.