Check your account email address ×

How convict labour increased inequality

2 hours ago, motonoggin said:

Just for counter-revolutionaries.

Restorative justice for everyone else.

Restorative justice.... at one time crazy people like you would have been executed.

2 hours ago, racer254 said:

What jobs are these prisoners competing with?  Ditch cleanup?  FFS, get a grip.   Do you think they are out there making automobiles and operating heavy equipment?  LOL.

They're working making guns, in hospitals dispensing drugs, and the higher risk ones are loading baggage at airports.

simple solution... can't do the time don't do the crime

There are people in many areas that as winter starts to roll around are expert at committing a crime that is just serious enough for them to get locked up until mid spring. That way they have a free warm bed, 3 meals a day and clothes through the cold winter.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, motonoggin said:

Or we could just get rid of the system that requires a massive underclass and artificial scarcity in order to function. 

No question that people who work for less drive down wages regardless of the label you'll put on them.

Label.  :lol:  

1 minute ago, 02sled said:

Restorative justice.... at one time crazy people like you would have been executed.

They're working making guns, in hospitals dispensing drugs, and the higher risk ones are loading baggage at airports.

There are people in many areas that as winter starts to roll around are expert at committing a crime that is just serious enough for them to get locked up until mid spring. That way they have a free warm bed, 3 meals a day and clothes through the cold winter.

Don't worry, you'll get the wall.

Imagine living in a society with more than enough for everyone but you willingly go to jail to get a warm place to sleep and regular meals...

1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

Or we could just get rid of the system that requires a massive underclass and artificial scarcity in order to function. 

No question that people who work for less drive down wages regardless of the label you'll put on them.

What do you do with the violent offenders?

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Label.  :lol:  

No person is illegal.

Just now, Highmark said:

What do you do with the violent offenders?

Changing the conditions of society would eliminate the vast majority of crime. The rest would be solved through restorative justice. 

4 minutes ago, 02sled said:

That made my day.

We wouldn't want them picking trash out of the ditch replacing county workers and saving taxpayers some money....FFS

Edited by racer254

3 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Don't worry, you'll get the wall.

Imagine living in a society with more than enough for everyone but you willingly go to jail to get a warm place to sleep and regular meals...

You think that maybe just maybe they are just too damned lazy and don't feel like working for a living. You know, unlike those that do work hard for what they earn that you want to take away to give to a lazy SOB

Just now, 02sled said:

You think that maybe just maybe they are just too damned lazy and don't feel like working for a living. You know, unlike those that do work hard for what they earn that you want to take away to give to a lazy SOB

No I don't think that at all. 

No I don't think that at all. 

well then you'd be really wrong....lots of lazy people in the world that would much rather take a freebie than actually work for it.

Edited by 02sled

No person is illegal.

Changing the conditions of society would eliminate the vast majority of crime. The rest would be solved through restorative justice. 

:lol:   Somehow I knew you were going to say all that.  I will say your faith in mankind is quite amusing.

Complain about what you do...some rightfully so then think somehow the world can operate in this Utopian world of true communism or collectivism.  

1 minute ago, 02sled said:

well then you'd be really wrong....lots of lazy people in the world that would much rather take a freebie than actually work for it.

Yeah, they're called capitalists...

Just now, Highmark said:

:lol:   Somehow I knew you were going to say all that.  I will say your faith in mankind is quite amusing.

Complain about what you do...some rightfully so then think somehow the world can operate in this Utopian world of true communism or collectivism.  

Well, I don't have this weird hatred for my own species that some of you weirdos obviously harbor.

Well, I don't have this weird hatred for my own species that some of you weirdos obviously harbor.

Realistic view that a certain % of mankind are pieces of shit for one reason or another is not a hatred for my own species.

Just now, Highmark said:

Realistic view that a certain % of mankind are pieces of shit for one reason or another is not a hatred for my own species.

Whats that number?

I think this sort of belief is borne out of white western judeo Christian society. Humans are unworthy, and therefore undeserving of mercy. 

28 minutes ago, racer254 said:

That made my day.

We wouldn't want them picking trash out of the ditch replacing county workers and saving taxpayers some money....FFS

Cleaning up litter is too expensive, let's make slaves do it.

19 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Whats that number?

I think this sort of belief is borne out of white western judeo Christian society. Humans are unworthy, and therefore undeserving of mercy. 

Depends.  

I disagree with your assessment both of where it was borne out of and that it doesn't occur.

You don't always sound as if those greedy capitalists deserve mercy from the mob....actually you speak quite a different tune.  

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Highmark said:

Depends.  

I disagree with your assessment both of where it was borne out of and that it doesn't occur.

What percentage of humanity must have  these (obviously genetic) negative traits in order for you to deem the entire species unworthy of a better world?

What percentage of humanity must have  these (obviously genetic) negative traits in order for you to deem the entire species unworthy of a better world?

Genetic?  :lol:  Unworthy of a better world? :lol:  

Jesus dude get over yourself already.  You now come on here preaching about how everyone deserves mercy when a year or so ago you were talking about the mobs rounding up and killing all the wealthy people.  :lol:  

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Depends.  

You don't always sound as if those greedy capitalists deserve mercy from the mob....actually you speak quite a different tune.  

They most certainly don't deserve mercy. The difference is that I am pointing the blame at the top of society, and you're  pointing it at the bottom. And I don't use capitalists' shittiness to indict the entire species. 

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Genetic?  :lol:  Unworthy of a better world? :lol:  

Jesus dude get over yourself already.  You now come on here preaching about how everyone deserves mercy when a year or so ago you were talking about the mobs rounding up and killing all the wealthy people.  :lol:  

So these lazy people aren't that way because of genetic predisposition? 

Yeah, killing your oppressors isn't the same as being one...

So these lazy people aren't that way because of genetic predisposition? 

Yeah, killing your oppressors isn't the same as being one...

Absolutely not on the bold.  Sure some people are born lazy but I don't think any particular race more than others.   Some people are because of the environment they've been raised in and that doesn't necessarily mean raised well off or poor.   It has more to do with work ethic instilled by parents and even schools.

Laziness is a small part of what I'm talking about.   I'm also talking about killers, pedophiles, thieves (all kinds), rapists......the list goes on and on.   

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Absolutely not on the bold.  Sure some people are born lazy but I don't think any particular race more than others.   Some people are because of the environment they've been raised in and that doesn't necessarily mean raised well off or poor.   It has more to do with work ethic instilled by parents and even schools.

Laziness is a small part of what I'm talking about.   I'm also talking about killers, pedophiles, thieves (all kinds), rapists......the list goes on and on.   

So if it isn't genetic, then it's  environmental. These lazy poor people who would ruin everything are a product of the environmental conditions created by a capitalist society. 

And when I say that changing the conditions changes the behavior, you laugh. But yet you agree that this undesirable behavior is a result of conditions, and not genetic.

Do you see how this is terribly inconsistent?

Edited by motonoggin

So if it isn't genetic, then it's  environmental. These lazy poor people who would ruin everything are a product of the environmental conditions created by a capitalist society. 

And when I say that changing the conditions changes the behavior, you laugh. But yet you agree that this undesirable behavior is a result of conditions, and not genetic.

Do you see how this is terribly inconsistent?

No.   I said some people are born lazy others it is a product of their environment.

Millions of people in our country have dragged themselves out of poverty into the upper economic classes.  Why can some do it and some cannot?

The first and foremost factor is the 2 parent household.  The statistics are crystal clear on this.   This also flows into crime as well.  The number of 2 parent households below the poverty line is EXTREMELY low.   African American community included.  

The 2 parent household had multiple significant govt actions that have contributed to where it is today.   Started with the New Deal, was made worse by the Great Society programs and topped off by Roe v. Wade.  

You think its just coincidence that Asian American's are the most educated, have the highest ave income, lowest crime rates or would it be relevant to the fact they also have the highest rate of 2 parent households.

Every statistic I just mentioned mirror's one another by race.   

Nonmarital_Birth_Rates_in_the_United_States,_1940-2014.png

cohen-graph1.jpg