Check your account email address ×

This soybean farmer gets it!!!

• Gold Member

Wish a real farmers like him would post here instead of the farmville farmers we have here doing the most preaching that the soybean market sky is falling running and hiding in fear farmers.

China isn’t buying beans from us because they want to be our friend or they like us. They’re buying beans because they need them. Regardless of where they get pulled from they’re going to pulled off the world balance sheet.”

http://www.kfvs12.com/story/37892516/heartland-farmers-react-to-chinas-soybean-tariff

Edited by BOHICA

10 minutes ago, hayward said:

Well imagine that, Neal shruggs off another person's opinion.  :lol:

shocker.. No one is more right than him.. not even the kenyan

19 minutes ago, hayward said:

Well imagine that, Neal shruggs off another person's opinion.  :lol:

Yeah, why wouldn't I, we have already seen the effects of Trump's mouth on the issue.  How about Trump you his brain so that the "Maybe it will be just like a band-aid" doesn't progress into "Maybe it will just be a raping".  

Holy fuck.

Neal

4 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Yeah, why wouldn't I, we have already seen the effects of Trump's mouth on the issue.  How about Trump you his brain so that the "Maybe it will be just like a band-aid" doesn't progress into "Maybe it will just be a raping".  

Holy fuck.

Neal

Neal, chill out man.  Sit back, continue to show up at your day job, collect your earned check, and don't worry so much about the price of soybeans for the time being.  It's nill and void to you at this point in time.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, hayward said:

Neal, chill out man.  Sit back, continue to show up at your day job, collect your earned check, and don't worry so much about the price of soybeans for the time being.  It's nill and void to you at this point in time.

I am chill.  :bc:. Being chill doesn't mean that I must remove comment and critique...

I have no intention of doing otherwise.

Yeah, don't worry about the price of soybeans, because you know, it's not like I have some in the bin ready to sell or anything....

It isn't null and void.  That is a bald assertion on your part, and a very ignorant one at that.

Neal

Edited by NaturallyAspirated
  • Like 1

stop bitching about soy beans.. my god.. what a life...

There is zero that anyone can do about it. But im sure if the Kenyan did this all would be rosey

38 minutes ago, ATOMIC PUNK said:

stop bitching about soy beans.. my god.. what a life...

There is zero that anyone can do about it. But im sure if the Kenyan did this all would be rosey

Holy shit are you ever a massive Republican ball gager.  Sweet Christ.  :lol:

The president from my party is all over fucking up trade, but just don't worry about how that impacts your livelyhood...  Fucking moron.

Neal

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

I am chill.  :bc:. Being chill doesn't mean that I must remove comment and critique...

I have no intention of doing otherwise.

Yeah, don't worry about the price of soybeans, because you know, it's not like I have some in the bin ready to sell or anything....

It isn't null and void.  That is a bald assertion on your part, and a very ignorant one at that.

Neal

So you don't participate in any price guarantee programs?

40 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Holy shit are you ever a massive Republican ball gager.  Sweet Christ.  :lol:

The president from my party is all over fucking up trade, but just don't worry about how that impacts your livelyhood...  Fucking moron.

Neal

youre the fucking moron for worrying about shit like this..

Enjoy youre life.. Must be great if this concerns you so much :lol:

1 hour ago, ATOMIC PUNK said:

youre the fucking moron for worrying about shit like this..

Enjoy youre life.. Must be great if this concerns you so much :lol:

Wong.

I do enjoy my life.

Yeah, I should show no concern or make no comment when Trump starts running his mouth and messing with my livelyhood.  Good call genius.  :lol:. Fuck are you stupid.

Neal

Just now, NaturallyAspirated said:

Wong.

I do enjoy my life.

Yeah, I should show no concern or make no comment when Trump starts running his mouth and messing with my livelyhood.  Good call genius.  :lol:. Fuck are you stupid.

Neal

messing with youre livlyhood.. OH MY!!!

Clown

13 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Negative.  Do you?

Neal

Nope.   I lease all my tillable.  Works out pretty well when prices are where they are.  $200+ acre right now with no worries about prices.  Based off ISU's typical input costs for corn/beans it would be incredibly difficult to reach those margins.  Note I have no land input cost other than taxes and minor up keep as the property is paid for.  

https://www.extension.iastate.edu/agdm/crops/pdf/a1-20.pdf

Just curious....why not?

Edited by Highmark

11 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Nope.   I lease all my tillable.  Works out pretty well when prices are where they are.  $200+ acre right now with no worries about prices.  Based off ISU's typical input costs for corn/beans it would be incredibly difficult to reach those margins.  Note I have no land input cost other than taxes and minor up keep as the property is paid for.  

https://www.extension.iastate.edu/agdm/crops/pdf/a1-20.pdf

Just curious....why not?

$200 is excellent, up here it's 150-180 for good ground.

Lazyness I suppose, LDP hasn't been engaged for many years, other pricing programs haven't had big payouts.  If things get hard, I'm sure we will be signing up though.  

How has program participation down there been?  I would imagine near historic yields and decent prices have kicked out most of the ARC payments there, ya?  I would bet with our yield history our ARC is 30-40% less than down there.

Neal

1 minute ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

$200 is excellent, up here it's 150-180 for good ground.

Lazyness I suppose, LDP hasn't been engaged for many years, other pricing programs haven't had big payouts.  If things get hard, I'm sure we will be signing up though.  

How has program participation down there been?  I would imagine near historic yields and decent prices have kicked out most of the ARC payments there, ya?  I would bet with our yield history our ARC is 30-40% less than down there.

Neal

My ground is fair.  I actually just dropped it to $185 from $205 this spring upon request from the guy renting.   A bit of mine is pasture which is leased at the same price so crop I'm still a bit over $200.   I know of plenty of ground not far from me still pulling $300+.   You are talking high CSR, tiled ground to get that right now.  Wasn't all that long ago and the same ground was pulling $400-$500.   Absolutely crazy.  Made for less available so land prices shot up even more.   

I think participation is pretty high.  I'm not sure how much is bank driven based off production loans.   

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

How much does CRP pay? Has it increased since many farmers took land out of the program when corn went up ?

All depends.   I had some in at $202/Acre but pulled it because it kept flooding and pushing the sand off and reseeding was a pain in the ass.   I'd say a lot of waterways and what not easily average $150 around me.  

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

My ground is fair.  I actually just dropped it to $185 from $205 this spring upon request from the guy renting.   A bit of mine is pasture which is leased at the same price so crop I'm still a bit over $200.   I know of plenty of ground not far from me still pulling $300+.   You are talking high CSR, tiled ground to get that right now.  Wasn't all that long ago and the same ground was pulling $400-$500.   Absolutely crazy.  Made for less available so land prices shot up even more.   

I think participation is pretty high.  I'm not sure how much is bank driven based off production loans.   

I can't imagine payouts are very high, price has been hovering for a few years, yields go up slightly.  Can't be but a couple dollars per acre unless the county floods or droughts.

Neal

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

All depends.   I had some in at $202/Acre but pulled it because it kept flooding and pushing the sand off and reseeding was a pain in the ass.   I'd say a lot of waterways and what not easily average $150 around me.  

$150 for CRP is fantastic.  We (dad) got some highly rated stuff in for $113, which we thought was excellent.

Neal