Check your account email address ×

Enough to make a smelly hippy cry.

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

what a colossal waste.  I'd take one of those things all day long, and I'm guessing you can't even buy one.

x2 and I'd like to the contract to scrap them. Lots $$$$$ sitting for used parts

price they pay for gaming the system.  TBH i think they should have been left in circulation and jsut collect ginormous fines.  Any minor environmental concerns are offset by the environmental cost to produce new vehicles to replace them.  Have a friends whose jetta TDI is in one of those lots and another whose Touareg was fixed.  

Just now, Angry ginger said:

price they pay for gaming the system.  TBH i think they should have been left in circulation and jsut collect ginormous fines.  Any minor environmental concerns are offset by the environmental cost to produce new vehicles to replace them.  Have a friends whose jetta TDI is in one of those lots and another whose Touareg was fixed.  

Don't they run worse once they're made "compliant"?

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

A sales rep that calls on us had an Audi Q7 diesel that was on the recall. He vowed he was going to ignore them as long as possible. No idea if he ever turned the in....

5 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

I'm glad I bought a gas turbo.

43 minutes ago, T1R9sledder said:

A sales rep that calls on us had an Audi Q7 diesel that was on the recall. He vowed he was going to ignore them as long as possible. No idea if he ever turned the in....

with what they paid to do the fix I am sure he did it.  was like 15k for the Touareg that the guy paid 33 for used.  the previous owner got a piece of that so it was around 11 to him.