Check your account email address ×

Self-driving car passenger slapped with ticket in San Francisco, police say

A ticket was issued to a person traveling in a self-driving car in San Francisco on Monday, police told Fox News. The vehicle allegedly did not stop for a person in the crosswalk. However, Cruise, the car company involved, according to KPIX, maintained that the vehicle was in compliance with California state law.

The encounter follows an incident in Arizona earlier this month in which a self-driving Uber car fatally struck a woman. The governor has since suspended the company from testing its autonomous vehicles in the state.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/28/self-driving-car-passenger-slapped-with-ticket-in-san-francisco-police-say.html

These stupid things are going downhill quick... you're telling me I still get a DUI even if my car is driving? Wtf is the point of this??

Talking to my buddy the other day, who designs auto interiors.  He was saying instead of having seats facing forward they will be more like being in your living room.

Can't understand why we need auto driving cars . Are we that lazy already ? What a joke.  Taking the human element out of driving all together seems like a mistake, even considering the amount if baffoons out there . Cars already back up and park themselves ,which is 1000% gay imo. Learn to drive or take a cab. Pathetic what it's come to.  

• Like 1